MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
06/08/2011 08:07 PM

Nightmares?

DblRainbow11
DblRainbow11  

Since I have started treatment, I have CRAZY nightmares almost every night.

I will dream about real life situations, but horrible things happen. i.e., loved ones get in car accidents, my boyfriend cheats on me, tornadoes, etc.

My daily life is not nearly this stressful. I have a great support system! I am now afraid to go to sleep because of this. I will lay in bed for hours even though I am mentally and physically exhausted.

Has anyone else experienced this with treatment? Has anyone found something to make them go away?

06/08/2011 09:28 PM
espltd

When I first started treatment I had something similar, I wouldnt say nightmares per se, but I would have these crazy anxiety attacks in my dreams. Something which I also did and still occasionally have all day long, couldnt even find peace in my dreams lol. All I can say is mines gotten better as I v gone on witth the ABX, pretty much the same with all the herx's.

06/09/2011 06:00 AM
VicMac
VicMac  

Rainbow,

I know what you are talking about, and am sorry to hear you are having these! I call them "anxiety dreams", and they often do border on being nightmares.

Then there are nightmares, and night hallucinations. I have had them all. But not just when in treatment.

I can tell you that taking B Vitamins and B12 sublingual has definately helped. When I dont take them, these things increase again. There is a definate connection.

B12 especially seems to be deficient in us Lyme sufferers and this vitamin plays such a powerful role in mental stability.

Blessings to you and I hope you find relief!

06/10/2011 04:01 PM
JJ351
JJ351  

Rainbow,

I have been having vivid dreams as well - in 4th month of ABX treatment now, though dreams began a few weeks prior to TX (Lyme was raging!!!!!).

My dreams have been real life situations with great detail and twists - sometimes nightmares as you describe and sometimes anxiety-related as VicMac described...and sometimes just vivid and detailed...

VicMac, thanks for the tip on B12 - will up my B vitamins!

Rainbow, hope you feel better and remember we are all here for you! Smile

Here's to restored health for us all!!!

Hugs,

JJ

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved