MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
05/31/2011 06:19 PM

I'll take your pain for a day

MrsGreen
MrsGreen  

I have a proposition. To give a respite to my tired friends who deal with chronic pain. I am offering to take your pain for a day.

Whatever it is, you tell me all the details, and I mean all. And I will take them on myself for a day.

I'm not a faith healer, and I'm not proposing anything like that. I am simply proposing the idea that as much as we talk about our own pain, we have enough compassion to take on the burden of another man's pain.

Let's give it a try.

Who wants to be the first. Give me your pain. And I will carry it for you for one day.

We may come up with some guidlines to help us make this work, but for now lets just get some people who are desparate to be free of pain for one day.

And maybe those people will be able to take on the pain of another.

And when we do, I am confident we will never be the same.

I'm game. Anybody out there who deals with chronic and severe pain they want a day off from?

I'm your first volunteer.

Let's try this. What have you got to lose?

05/31/2011 07:18 PM
toothfairy55
toothfairy55  

Im game. I could use a break. Im having terrible pains in my feet legs , ankles , knees and hips. I would love a day of no pain and a night of restful sleep.

Its all yours if you want it.

05/31/2011 07:28 PM
rosebug
rosebug  

I'm game as well. Many of times I have prayed that just for one day, someone would take my pain away; so I would have a chance to regain the strength to continue this battle. I'm having terrible inflammation/legs, knees and lympth of the underarms.

05/31/2011 07:48 PM
TaraT
TaraT  
VIP Member

Oh maaaan if I could give my fatigue and foot/ankle/leg/knee/back/neck/shoulder pain for a day..OMG I wouldn't know how to act!

I'd RUN for president LOL for day anyway...

*HUGS*

06/01/2011 02:40 PM
MrsGreen
MrsGreen  

dear friends.

Your 24 hours starts now.

Enjoy your day!

06/01/2011 07:08 PM
VicMac
VicMac  

Well if you really want it, you can have this rotten stomach pain. It is ruining me!

I have really gotten to the point where I just dont trust the good days anymore. They never last. I had been doing so much better the last few months, and now this!

Thanks MrsGreen, if you really want it for a day! I hope I can feel well enough again to take on someone elses pain. ( Or maybe I am already doing that?? Hmm. )

06/02/2011 09:56 AM
happymom3

Oh would love a day free of this chronic pelvic and back pain. It's 8years today it started. I will never forget the day it started.The pain is in other areas now but thepelvic pain is the worst. Thanks for taking it for a day!

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved