MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
05/12/2011 10:24 AM

Tick Bite Help

tulips54

Hi I was wondering I went camping in georgia about 2 weeke ago, I pulled the tick off, but I think the mouth parts were still in there, I made sure the head and all other remnants were out. Here is where the tricky part comes in. I had about a 10 hr car ride, and I never cleaned the site of the tick bite once it might have been because I was in a state of pure shock.

I am really killing myself over not cleaning it something so simple but because I wouldn't stop freaking out I couldn't go through with the proper procedure. So after a good 12 hours later I was in the hospital and I got a 200 mg dose of doxycycline and the doctor cleaned the site after 12 hours.

I was wondering after you pull the tick off but forget to clean the site can that increase the infection. The doctor also ONLY gave me 200 mg of doxycycline.

I had to go to the hospital on the fourth day to get a ten day course of doxycycline, and then finally a fully 30 day course. Also my other question is if you take doxycyline on the first day but then since a boozo of a doctor didn't give me doxycyline for the next three days and I took it on the fourth could the bacteria have became more resistent? Since its only been two weeks in I'm planning to get testing in a month.

I really appreciate all the answers I get/support.

Post edited by: tulips54, at: 05/13/2011 09:05 PM

05/12/2011 10:32 AM
tulips54

I'm also 20 with a weak immune system Sad

05/12/2011 10:35 AM
Julie4848

Remember not all ticks carry lyme. Glad you got started on an abx ASAP that will really help you.

05/12/2011 07:27 PM
tulips54

I tried to think that, I tried to be a bit optimistic but I was really traumatized after the tick bite my entire foot fell sore as well as my arm, I thought it was odd. I'm already diagnosed with fibromyalgia, so the suffering continue.

I was wondering I mentioned crawling sensations to my doctor, I seriously feel like there are things crawling inside of me but he said that it was just axiety.

I've never felt like this before, is it possible that doxycycline can give you crawling sensations. I have the pins and needles/numbness sometimes as well.

I was wondering about the accuracy of the igenex test? Also with what I mentioned above is it normal to feel that stuff?

Post edited by: tulips54, at: 05/13/2011 09:06 PM

05/12/2011 10:00 PM
TaraT
TaraT  
VIP Member

Those symptoms are never ¨normal¨ but par for the course perhaps. Igenex tests are not completely accurate..

The general consensus is that they are one of the best labs to use..and they DO test for more strains than most. They also report bands if the bacteria shows up but is less than the control point..

Thats a really good thing because that way we know if they are showing up at all then they are THERE...Whereas with others they are not reported under the control point...

So there are some, maybe a lot of false negatives.. I dont think it is that often that there are false positives.. And if there are, they can be traced to some other infection.. But the bands that are lyme specific are just that.. lyme.

05/13/2011 01:35 AM
Bettyg

VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

welcome,

i sent you by private message, left side, mywelcome letter full of good links/info tostart your lyme journey.

please EDIT all your posts and break them up into1-2sentencesMAX, hit enter twice after each short paragraph until youhave edited EACH of your 4 posts so we neuro lyme folks will be able to read/comprehend your posts.

thanks for helping us help YOU Wink

bettyg, iowa leader

05/14/2011 07:06 PM
tulips54

If one pulls the tick off when they see if but delay disinfecting it because they're in so much shock can this increase the amount of neurotoxins spread, about 12 hours till I got it cleaned. I was also wondering when I did pull the tick off, if I might of had a severe response to the tick bite since my legs and arm fell sore. I was wondering if its possible to have a anaphylatic shock from ticks?

05/14/2011 08:50 PM
Holly123
Holly123  

Wow it sounds really awful what happened to you.. good for you for a least finding the tick.. I hope you kept the tick and put on some cardboard and tape over it in a bag, if not don't worry..

You have some really great questions I don't know the answer to all of them.. but I will tell you from my point of view what I can answer..

As far as your question about not cleaning it quckly enough I would imagine there is a chance that some venom might have got to your blood stream simply b/c of the "Crawling Sensations" you felt and reaction you had to the bite.. and yes those are NOT a sign of you needing an antianxiety..

Don't let a doctor tell you what you feel in your body only you are in your body and know what you feel..

Number one I don't know that your doctor was Lyme Literate b/c he doubted that you really had these sensations of crawlings and if you said you had that sensation or feeling then you had that sensation... Anyway he probably doesn't understand that bacteria can cause a crawling sensation.. I have felt it and yes numbness too and pins and needles too..

You mentioned you were previously diagnosed with Fibro? Since Lyme mimics other conditions such as fibro it is possible you have already been exposed lyme prior to this tick bite.. Hopefully you have seen the documentary "Under Our Skin" ..

I am far from a doctor but obviously you had some sort of a reaction to this tick bite.. As far as are you taking enough doxy well if I were you .. I would keep treating with natural alternatives even when my doxy runs out.. Just for peace of mind.. and these remedies will help rid your fibro symptoms too..

If I were you and I can't tell you what to do only what I would do.. I would take some Cumanda or oil of oregano or Messosilver.. and treat for a good year.. But that is just what I would do knowing what lyme is like and knowing what I now know about what this illness can do to the body...

As I say if you already have fibro then it sounds like you possibly are carry the lyme bacterium in your body anyway.. Try not to stress about this too much b/c stress is not good for us either..

Hopefully this was helpful!

big hug!

05/14/2011 09:11 PM
tulips54

Holly123 thank you for responding, I really appreciate it!

I had the crawling sensations and pins and needles starting AFTER I started the doxycycline, I'm thinking it might be a side effect. When I got the tick bite my leg and arm felt real sore and I felt a numbing sensation. I was thinking more tick toxicosis or tick paralysis. I had severe joint pain when I started the doxycycline, like severe dehabilitating, it hurt to walk.

Yea its quite possible that I have been introduced to the bacteria more than once Sad

05/15/2011 02:25 AM
Bettyg

VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

fyi, feeling things crawling could be 1 or both of below:

parasites/worms

MORGELLON'S...where WIERY TYPE THREADSare coming out of your body.

bettyg, iowa leader

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved