MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
05/04/2011 07:49 PM

bumps under skin..

Jan1960
Jan1960  

I'm noticing more and more than I have a LOT of bumps under my skin. Does anyone else have this with Lyme and/or co-infections?

I have them on the side of my right thigh..and on my shins...lots of them...

05/04/2011 08:01 PM
inkyblck
inkyblckPosts: 446

Hi Jan ... yes, I do ...

My right side is the side that is effected with ALL the symptoms ... and there is a little bump under the skin on the outside of my rt thigh, and if I run my finger up and down my shin ( kinda on the inner side of the shinbone ), I can feel some swellings/bumps there too ...

I'm sorry I can't provide links, but everything I have read says this is bartonella ...

Dr S ( of big Babesia and Bartonella book fame ) says that lumps under the skin are bartonella ...

The shin, of all places, is very telling ~ years and years ago, bartonella was called "shinbone fever" ...

Do you also have red dot / streaks anywhere ???

Post edited by: inkyblck, at: 05/04/2011 08:45 PM

05/04/2011 08:05 PM
Jan1960
Jan1960  

I have lots of red dots but no streaks.. My LLMD is testing me for bartonella now because I have been having alot of burning under my feet!...crazy stuff..Smile Thanks for responding so quickly.

Jan

05/04/2011 08:49 PM
inkyblck
inkyblckPosts: 446

As of now, the pain I feel in my shin extends to the top of my foot ` it actually feels broken at times ...

Months ago, I would wake up w/ very bad pain in my heel ~ that has subsided for the most part ...

Lots of red markings come and go w/ me ... Some on my arms, and lots on the right thigh ~ that's where the dots are joined by red streaks ...

"Crazy" is putting it mildly Smile

05/04/2011 09:00 PM
Jan1960
Jan1960  

Hmm..I don't really have pain..although I get terrible shin splints..

07/01/2011 07:10 PM
Brandiann78

I have these! I can't tell you how many hours I have spent searching to try to determine what they are!

I have them down the inside of my shins, outer thigh, ribcage, and behind my elbow.

Some are about pea sized and some are a little larger. They are up under the skin and are somewhat movable. Not rock-hard.. but not soft maybe like tough rubber?? Does this sound the same?

07/01/2011 07:47 PM
ccowan77
ccowan77  

Brandiann78.....do you ever notice that you will have what feels like a bruise and it will "randomly" appear and then when you feel it you notice a lump there? That is the problem I am having now. I have noticed the lumps under my skin for some time but they are becoming increasingly worse since I started Doxycycline. Now they pop up daily and are somewhat painful for a day or two. Along with my many other symptoms.

Any input from anyone would be helpful as I am new to all of this lyme stuff. I also have a 3 year old son (and my husband) that has it. My 3 year old would have gotten from me when he was born and breastfed as I was unaware that I had it then.

07/01/2011 08:24 PM
Brandiann78

I too am very new, in fact I am awaiting diagnosis. I go to my new LLMD on the 19th. But... YES!! That's exactly what happens with me!

They don't stay sore, but that's how I know I'm getting a new one, I feel a sore spot and then... low and behold.. there's a new lump.

I am quite nervous about our kids. We are quite sure we can trace my exposure back five years... two weeks before I became pregnant with our 4.5 year old. Is your son symptomatic? Or did you just have him tested because you tested positive?

That's actually been the bulk of our discussion this evening... we also have 3 year old daughter. (She was a big surprise, they're 17 months apart!) I breastfed both. Some of the information I've read says not to be concerned if they are not symptomatic.

Do you have Bartonella? I'm guessing from the above posts and what I have read that bart is the cause of our wonderful mysterious lumps.

07/01/2011 08:57 PM
RavenLunatic
RavenLunatic  
Group Leader

I posted yesterday regarding the ginger &/or cumin baths

washes to relieve Bell's Palsy & muscle twitching. This

will also help with the "Bart" skin cysts & plaque build

up. It won't kill it but help keep it at bay. Good Luck

07/02/2011 11:58 AM
ccowan77
ccowan77  

I had symptoms dating back to 2004 and finally a western blot was ran on me. Only my IGM was positive with a reactive 23 and 41 but I have been symptomatic for years and noone ever ran that. I was following the protocol of treatment by my LLMD when I started getting these "lumps", then I discovered the stretch marks on my back and sides that if I had before I never connected with bartonella until now!! I am assuming the Doxy that I started made it worse. I am awaiting my results back on the other tick borne disease panel now.

My son has all the classic symptoms of lymes and started when he was about 2 1/2 after he started daycare. I thought it was just adjusting to daycare but his cycles ever 5-6 weeks just as most borreliosos symptoms do. I have an appt for him in Sept. but my husband is a veterinarian and we have started him on amoxil and that helps him alot.

Do any of your kids display any symptoms?

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved