MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
03/18/2011 10:59 PM

burning hands

brenmitch

My daughter has been taking doxy. for two weeks now.

She is having a sensation that her hands are on fire. They are splotchy red. She has it some, but not as bad on her feet.

She experienced Raynaud symptoms as part of her lyme. I don't know if this is a herx reaction or what.

She had aches, chills and worsening of her pain after a couple of days on the meds. So I don' t know...

Her dr is not a LLMD, but her agreed to treat her for one month.

There are not many LLMDs in the Houston area who treat under 18.

Since I'm the one who insisted on haivng her tested and following through I thought I'd check this out, too.

Thanks, this site has been a wealth of info!

broke up solid paragraph into many short 1-2 sentences MAX ones; doublespaced between each paragraph so neuro lyme folks like me could read/comprehend. bettyg, iowa leader

Post edited by: Bettyg, at: 03/19/2011 12:42 AM

03/19/2011 12:45 AM
Bettyg

VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

bren,

this one is new to me!

please read dr. corson's 2 links; mainlythe kids symptoms going into every part ofthe body and how it's effected; you might luck out and that might be addressed.??

PLEASE break up text into many short 1-2 sentences MAX ones; doublespaced between each paragraph so neuro lyme folks like me could read/comprehend.

thx for helping us help you. hugs

bettyg, iowa leader

03/19/2011 06:59 AM
RL123

Bren - before I was diagnosed my hands would burn so much I would ice them. I'm pretty sure it was a bartonella thing. You should get her in with a LLMD, most everyone that has Lyme has co infections too. Sorry you guys are in this boat.

R

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved