MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
12/03/2008 06:37 AM

no joint pain?????

missy1

I've written on here a couple times and I have a quick question? Does anyone who was diagnosed with Lyme not have joint pain? I was tested and 5 out of 5 bands were pos. I also have a co-infection. Most of my symptoms are gone but I can't seem to get rid of this foggy head? I do have the occasional eye twitch still and headaches/jaw aches and my anxiety level is still up (not as bad though) I'm just trying to figure out if I could have something else causing these problems because even though I was to the point of barely be able to walk I never had joint pain. def. muscle fatigue, no joint pain.At one point I had more than half of the symptoms on a Lyme list.I did test pos. for other things though, but don't seem to have symptoms that fit those. My doc seems to think my body is creating false pos. to the other things. He is doing more bloodwork. Is it pos. that maybe something else is causing these left over symptoms and that the Lyme is quiet. Anyone else have a similar experience?

Missy

12/03/2008 07:32 AM
cmany
cmany  
Group Leader
I'm an Advocate

Missy,

Well, joint pain has been one of most common symptoms. However, when I have been at my best, it goes away.

You have to keep in mind, everyone is different. I have talked to people whose only symptom was ringing in the ears - all else was fine.

Joint pain is a common symptom, but it isnt the only one. And there is nothing that says the you HAVE to have joint pain. Consider yourself lucky on that.

As far as false positives - I would say probably not. If you have had a positive WB - you can pretty much bet the bank that this is what you have. HOWEVER - have they tested you for co-infections? and by all means tho - you want to rule other things out.

But no joint pain being equated with false positives - na - doesnt float at least not in my book...

Christine

12/03/2008 08:10 AM
zanapants

Hi Missy,

Just wanted to chime in to say that I've never had joint pain and have been diagnosed with chronic Lyme, if that helps. In fact my only symptom is constant fatigue.

Hope you feel better soon!

12/03/2008 08:28 AM
cave76

Joint pain is was/is Steere's limiting description of Lyme disease. That's so archaic now it's almost laughable except for the fact that many Lymies are dismissed by doctors who just read CDC and Steere's old old old opinions.

I never had joint pain.

If you haven't been tested for all the co infections (which can be negative even if you have one or more) then it would be a good idea.

Bartonella henselae is VERY implicated in neuro problems.

12/03/2008 12:18 PM
missy1

Was tested for all co-infections. I have the one that starts with the "E" can't spell it correctly. I'm not doubting that I have Lyme or the co-infection....My collagen disease doc said he's never seen someone have Lupus and Sjogren's symdrome on top of Lyme disease. I guess I could be the lucky 1st. I just was wondering about the joint thing because everyone I seem to talk to says that as one of their 1st symptoms and I don't have it....yes...I was sick as a dog...with many other symptoms just found it weird. But as some of you just said I guess it can happen. Thanks....

PS...I'm very thankful to not have that on top of the other symptoms!!!I'm sure it must be awful!

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved