MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
02/23/2011 07:14 PM

Itching like a bear against a tree!

rowergirl2010

I'm an Advocate

My back, neck, head, face, and shoulders itch like crazy! I am constantly rubbing against a wall corner, the lockers at school, or some other hard surface.

The rest of my body itches, but not like my back and face area. Feel like a bear in search of a really rough tree to reach that irritating ITCH!

I have tried taking benadryl just makes me tried, but no itch relief.

Could it be my hair? I have never been sensitive to my mid-back length hair before, but who knows with Lyme.

Cut it? I would hate to, but if it would make the itching go away I would do it!

Its not my clothes or detergent because the rest of my body would itch to the same degree - I have had that before.

Another new symptom since finished my initial dose of doxy (feb 7) which came along with fatigue/stress induced fevers (once a week so far), more irritability, and swallowing issues.

I was trying Samento which I stopped once the first fever hit.

Strangely I seem to have traded joint pain and severe migraine symptoms for itching, fevers, increased irritability even though my headaches are less severe, and swallowing symptoms.

Not exactly tit for tat if you ask me!

I thought the itching would be infrequent as some of my other symptoms are, but instead it just seems to get worse and spread to other areas.

Suggestions or ideas to make life more bearable for the next week and a half until my first LLMD appt and soon after an appt with the infectious disease doc my parents want me to see.

--- The discussion has been locked ---

02/23/2011 07:24 PM
Jan1960
Jan1960  

Well you sound just like me tonight. I'm itching like crazy and it stings too! This is a symptom I have had for a long time..long before I was on any medication. It is like torture sometimes..lol. I usually end up in a bath just to make it at least temporarily feel better..

I hope you get relief soon!

Jan

02/23/2011 11:30 PM
Bettyg

VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

here are my gut reactions to you both:

ALLERGIC to med you are taking; did you read the pharmacist handout for any new med you are taking? does it show ITCHING as a side effect of it.

RASH ITCHES TIP -- use CORN STARCH or “rubbing alcohol“ on it especially the corners good. Hubby suggested; worked great for me; rash cleared up in 2 days vs. weeks/month. Many use in bath water!

10 Home Remedy Treatments for Itching by SOMETIMESDILLY 3.08.

http://www.mdjunction.com/forums/lyme-disease-support- forums/medicine-treatments/2467478-10-home-remedies-for- itching-

good luck; i've been thru it too; i just hate it!

betty

Post edited by: Bettyg, at: 02/23/2011 11:50 PM

02/24/2011 03:34 AM
rowergirl2010

I'm an Advocate

Great article with lots of good advice thanks for the link!

Betty I am not on any meds other than supplements all of which I have been taking for months before this symptom. That would be a quick and easy fix if only!

Well going to take a shower so that I can attempted to make it better temporarily and then try some aloe vera.

02/24/2011 04:00 AM
fabajenna

Hi rowergirl-

I went through the itching back in the fall, a combo of detoxing yeast and treating bartonella.

The parasites dying off can cause the itchiness..

Yeast will also make you itch.

Try dead sea salt crystals in a bath or shower..DON'T SCRUB TOO HARD!!

The salts are good for parasites, yeast , and any bacterial problems going on.

Save your hair sweetie, it's just your scalp being affected, I didn't cut mine either! Wink

Didn't you say the other day you were starting to eliminate the sugar out of your diet?

You MIGHT just be reacting to that..

Hope it passes soon, it's uncomfortable and unnerving.

peaceSmile

02/24/2011 04:19 AM
rowergirl2010

I'm an Advocate

Showered and now covered in a thick lather of aloe vera. Sticking to everything, but HELPS!

Now where is my third hand to reach that one elusive spot on my back?

Argh I am hardly dry and the itch is already coming back as I write this. Going to be a long day with little sleep and itching!

What really annoys me is that my ear canals itch oh it is annoying!!

Maybe if I really throw myself into work today I can force myself to forget about it temporarily?! One can only hope!

02/24/2011 05:31 AM
fabajenna

I don't know if you do any naturals, but colloidal silver when sprayed with oxygen helps tremendously with itching when it is coming from the parasites and yeast and even bacteria.

Even the CNS supplements, like your B's and lecitin.

I'm really sorry you're going through this awful phase, but don't worry, it does pass.

Hang in there rowergirl..

peace

02/24/2011 06:01 AM
missy33

Soaking in a tub with epsom salts REALLY helped my husband and sister. My itching isnt that bad , but they said that it helped a lot. Good luck!

02/24/2011 07:20 AM
fabajenna

One more thing-itchy eardrums is a sign of yeast..Sad

peace

02/24/2011 07:47 AM
missy33

Oh, and the Oil Of Oregeno helped my husband too witht he itchy skin.

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved