MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
11/25/2008 03:42 PM

Itchy Feet, only at Night??

fluffyluggage
fluffyluggage  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Ok, so I'm dying to know if I'm the only one experiencing this or not!! I've been having itchy feet, but it's really only at night, and primarily when I'm getting into bed. It's so bizarre, and it often wakes me up. I can't stand it. It's driving me nuts! I crawl into bed, and the itchy feet start. I'm a pretty clean person here, so I really don't get it. I have had some problems with my feet having like fungus, but that's basically been dealt with. I also have some crusties on one foot, but it won't go away, no matter what I use, whether it's anti-bacterial salve or anti-fungal. Nothing works.

But this itchiness is different. It's on the tops of my feet, and it's absolutely unbearable. It's all around my feet, like it affects my heels, too, but not the bottom of my feet. It's both feet. I have to sleep in socks, because my feet get too cold. But, I will literally wake from a dead sleep and start scratching. I suspect I will even scratch in the middle of my sleep, cuz I've been known to do that!

Does anyone else do this? I'm afraid I'm gonna destroy my feet and ruin my skin if this doesn't stop. It doesn't bother me during the day. I've tried Benadryl, and I've considered taking it just to help me sleep and prevent me from having to mess with it. Any thoughts? TIA!

11/25/2008 03:49 PM
Julie4848

Fluffy:

No I never had...Strange.

I take ONE benadryl before I go to bed, and I sleep for about 6 hours with it, I have been doing it for years and years...When I really want to sleep I take TWO but that is not often..

I emailed Roy asking why the posts are all together, no sentences when we enter...Its hard to read them...hummmmmmmmm

Hope your feet are better....Did you try Epsom Salt baths or soak them in it, that might help....

Hugs

J

11/25/2008 03:57 PM
fluffyluggage
fluffyluggage  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Hmm...Haven't tried the Epsom Salt soaks, I could do that. I hadn't even thought about that. Good idea. Thanks! I can't wait to hear what others have to say, tho! Thanks a million! Smile

11/25/2008 04:05 PM
paulrt

The itchiness on your feet is a sign of morgellons.

If you look closely with a jewelers loop or something else you might find some filaments sticking out of your skin.

www.morgellons-research.org

Paul

Post edited by: paulrt, at: 11/25/2008 16:05

11/25/2008 04:28 PM
Julie4848

Hey anytime...Smile

hugs

J

11/25/2008 04:45 PM
pammie

I've also done the Epsom Salt. It really works. It's weird because I get these crazy symptons and I think I'm going nuts and then I read on here that other people have the same. It's good to know that we're not crazy. Epsom salt should help. Sometimes I'll wake up in the middle of the night and do it if I can't put up with it any longer. Try it and see if it works for you.

Take care,

11/25/2008 05:14 PM
Clayton72
Clayton72  

Huh?! That's interesting. The only thing I know about itchy feet has to do with a surge of estrogen. They tell you that your palms and your soles of your feet will get itchy with pregnancy b/c of the estrogen surge. I have NO idea what it is that you are experiencing - I hope you find out!

11/25/2008 05:53 PM
fluffyluggage
fluffyluggage  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Hmm...That's interesting about Morgellon's. I was tempted to just dismiss it because I have no lesions, but in reading more about it, it does seem that it could very well be that, even without any lesions. Scary, but possible... Thanks for all the replies. Good to know I'm not alone! *hugs*

11/25/2008 05:58 PM
paulrt

Yes, I didnt know for many years myself what was causing all the itchiness and such on my legs until I got really ill from the lymes and did a google search.

There is not much information about morgellons but pretty much everyone has it at some level. Even healthy subjects with no overt skin problems have been found to carry it at a microscopic level in the blood.

01/15/2009 12:21 PM
tsk
tsk  

Julie, I have had the itchy feet and I tried something I had around the house to stop the itch of mosquito bites. It is Witch Hazel, it is a liquid, put some on a piece of paper towel or something because it is like water and that will help you control where it goes, anyway rub it all over the area that itches and it helps almost instantly. Can say it always works with the mosquito bites and so I tried it for my feet and it worked there also. It is an antiseptic I think, you can get it at Wal=Mart and is really inexpensive, I have kept it around the house since my kids were little and in the middle of the night they can't stand the itching and have kept it on hand ever since, Just an idea.Of course it is not going to cure something like Morgellans but might help the discomfort no matter what the cause. Tam

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved