MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
11/24/2008 05:00 AM

Swollen Ankles....Oh my!

Claire05
Claire05  

Has anyone experience swollen joints, especially ankles? Or shall I say, Cankles =)

I was told to soak in a bath with Cayenne pepper. Haven't tried yet....Sounds weird, but desperate to try anything....Having trouble with walking today..

Hope you all make the best of this Monday!

Hugs,

Linda

11/24/2008 05:03 AM
Julie4848

I have not, but I think I would call the doctor. Not to scare you, but that is what my mother had a few months back it was due to here heart. So I think I would call and let them know about this.

Hugs

Juie

11/24/2008 06:37 AM
Claire05
Claire05  

Hi Julie,

Yes, I have called my Doctor and they always seem to place my problems to the Lymes Disease. Believe me, It can just drive me crazy and I hope they are right. Two weeks ago, I had some pressure on my chest and again, Lyme's.....I just pray it isn't something life threatening...I understand I have Lyme's Disease, but isn't it possible that I am experiencing other issues before they finally start treatment......

Linda

11/24/2008 07:50 AM
cmany
cmany  
Group Leader
I'm an Advocate

Claire...

One of the things that my LLMD always did, when certain symptoms seemed more intense, was further testing, in order rule out other possibilities. It could be that you dont have key symptoms that would cause your doc to take such precautions...

But, it is something that you should discuss tho. Find out at what point will they test for other things just to be on the safe side.

As far as swollen joints - as a teen, my knees would swell to 3x's their normal size - but that of course was something that I was able bring on through sheer will power, as I was a messed up kid who didnt want to go to school...or so some docs believed...Dizzy nimrods...Whistling

As for present day. The swelling isnt so drastic, but i do have it. And some times I do cause it - by sitting in one position for like all day (hee hee when I spend the day online)...but during the course of the day, yes my hips, knees and ankles are a bit swollen...

there are some natural things you can take to help with inflammation...

Cool

Christine

11/24/2008 08:06 AM
dharma79
dharma79  
VIP Member

Hahaha..."nimrod"

Needed a giggle...thanks Christine!

Tongue

11/24/2008 08:55 AM
Julie4848

I would find a heart doctor to rule out the heart....I hate when doctors blame everything on lyme....Sometimes Its not the lyme...

11/24/2008 10:29 AM
Bonski
Bonski  

Ach. Some doctors are just plain lazy.

11/25/2008 05:17 PM
pammie

I started out 5 months ago with swelling in my ankle. It just kept getting worse. Then both ankles were swollen. I went through alot of tests, including heart. My chest was hurting. I was so scared I went to emergency room because my doctor it was the best thing to do. They did alot of tests on my heart and found nothing. My ankles were so swollen, I couldn't wear shoes anymore. Someone suggested lymes and I went to a doctor who diagnosed me with chronic lyme. That's how my lyme journey started was the swollen ankles.

With all that being said, it's hard to know unless you have everything else checked out. It could be lyme related but I would make sure other things are ruled out.

Take care of yourself and check out everything else.

11/25/2008 05:21 PM
Clayton72
Clayton72  

You might want to look into Samento (the natural herb) - it is an anti-inflammatory that actually kills Lyme. It works GREAT!

11/25/2008 07:03 PM
Claire05
Claire05  

Thank you everyone! This is definately the place to get some great information...Thanks to you all, I do not feel so alone in this Lyme's Disease....Thanks a bunch....Linda

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved