MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
02/01/2011 11:50 PM

How long after the tick bite did you get symptoms?

goodbylyme

Need your help please!

How long after your tick bite did you start to see symptoms.

And how long before you were knocked off your feet and bed ridden?

Smile Smile Smile

Post edited by: goodbylyme, at: 02/02/2011 03:31 PM

02/02/2011 01:57 AM
blamom
blamom  
I'm an Advocate

for me it's hard to remember but I believe it was about a month after I began the doxy that I became bedridden, I couldn't get up for a month and had horrible pain. That was 8 years ago. Been on oral doxy many times, intravenous treatment once but it was the herbal treatment that I did in my 6th year that got me into remission.

02/02/2011 02:44 AM
Julie4848

7 days. It was awful

02/02/2011 03:41 AM
Julie4848

I woke to burning on my neck, flu (it was the end of July) neck pain knee pain, etc. Went to the Dr. and he acted upon it ASAP. As I live in the woods and he knew I pulled a tick out he did not wait for a blood test to say "I have lyme" he knew it....My Dr. saved my life and he is only a MD....Good old County Dr.

02/02/2011 01:59 PM
Bettyg

VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

welcome goodby Smile

41 yrs. ago; so hard to remember that manyyears ago being misdiagnosed for 34.5 yrs. by 40-50 yrs.

few days to 1wk; NEVER saw tick nor did i have arash.

please see my welcome letter at top of support as a sticky; many good links/info which will help explain your above questions too.

bettyg,iowa leader

02/02/2011 03:39 PM
goodbylyme

please help!

02/02/2011 03:48 PM
TaraT
TaraT  
VIP Member

I've been bedridden several times in my life...The first really intense time was for 3 years! I could get up for a few hours a day and move around..but spent the rest in the bed in extreme pain and vertigo.

I recovered with OTHER symptoms presenting for 10 years and then was bedridden again...for a few weeks...recovered enough to get around and do the bare minimum until a couple of years ago when I was hospitalized...Almost died etc...Infection was ravaging my body and resistant to antibiotics..

Anemia took over from there and I ended up right back in the hospital. I've not recovered and health keeps spiralling...Trying everything just to keep from slipping off of the edge.. I have 3 little boys to take care of...

I've tried different regimens and protocols and have herxed so severely with each that I seem to get a little better and then worse...

Now I'm at the point where I'm so ill that I have to see an LLMD and start the hard antibiotics..which I full well expect to put me right back in the bed...Something I'll just have to suffer through until the symptoms start getting better..

After being sick almost my entire life I know it may be several years before I'm well enough to get any energy and be able to exercise etc...I have some muscle wasting now due to inactivity..inability etc...

Neuro symptoms increasing etc...So I'm pretty much disabled right now...So gonna get the papers to prove it...let it be official and see if I can get any help from disability etc..

I was bitten SO SO SO many times as a child...I ALWAYS had skin rashes, infections etc...So it's hard for me to really pin point the amount of time from infection to symptoms...I don't remember a time without symptoms except when I was very small around 2...Before the infections started..

02/02/2011 06:08 PM
toothfairy55
toothfairy55  

I never became bedridden... I have continued to work full time. My problem is I have a very high tolerance to pain, so I dont feel things till Im bad.

Im not a good patient, I NEVER give in to illness. (probably not a good thing, but thats me)

copying carol's post from your DELETED DUPLICATE POST ...

That can vary.. Some get sick with flu like symptoms within days, others get a symptom here and there over a long period of time.

Post edited by: Bettyg, at: 02/02/2011 11:49 PM

02/02/2011 08:20 PM
Jessalynn1
Jessalynn1  

My very noticeable symptoms (stiff neck, nerve pain, etc.) began about 6-9 months after my one known tick bite (that's assuming the Lyme I got from that one tick). I wasn't bedridden, but at the 1 year mark my activity was very limited and I was only able to work a couple hours a day, a couple days a week- and I had to call out sick many times. Luckily I was treated shortly thereafter. Unfortunately it laid dormant for so long, that I didn't catch the thing in the early stages.

02/02/2011 11:43 PM
Bettyg

VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

i'm deleting your DUPLICATE post; any replies i'll post here so we have ONE post going; thank you.

bettyg, iowa leader

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved