MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
11/21/2008 06:35 PM

why do we lymies cough?

kittiekat

I know that many people inclsuding myself have this cough since lyme and there are links that say yes lyme comes with cough for some people.....it is not a cold like cough its just a naggy cough with no purpose what so ever except to annoy me

i know many will say they have it too but what i cant find anywhere is an explanation as to how these bugs are making me cough...what's the link I am missing here, anyone know?

kitty kat Blink

11/22/2008 09:38 AM
cmany
cmany  
Group Leader
I'm an Advocate

Also common is chronic bronchitus...

There is some kind of microplasm - something or other - that tends to stay in our lungs...I cant seem to remember exactly what it is...

IDK - if this could be part of the Lyme Cough - I do remember having it too when I was in my teens...and it just seemed to be gone one day.

Christine

01/20/2009 04:00 PM
johnnylight
johnnylightPosts: 234

I didn't cough right away but eventually i developed a unexplained cough. (Strange) Now I cough once in a while but it appears it is going away for the moment.

01/20/2009 06:35 PM
RainStorm
RainStorm  

I've had that kind of cough, too. Not like a cold cough, but a dry cough. Isn't it also a Babesia sympom?

01/20/2009 06:47 PM
ConnieD
ConnieD  

Hi Kittie kat...I had that strange cough,too. Sometimes my throat would be sore,too and I thought I was getting a cold, but I would never get a cold. Just that strange cough. Also, out of the blue I would lose my voice two or three times a year.

Since I've recovered from Lyme and all those nasty coinfections, I don't get those symptoms anymore and I didn't lose my voice at all last yearSmile . Honestly, I thank God that my voice came back. There was an article in Ladie's Home Journal about a young woman who lost her voice because of Lyme. She never got her voice backSad .

I don't know the specifics as to why Lyme or coinfections make us have that naggy cough.

I think cmany may be referring to mycoplasma which is another bacterial infection. That cough is usually deep and mainly at night. That's another story. My kids had mycoplasma. The pediatrician called it walking pneumonia. The doc gave them zithromax which is supposed to be effective against mycoplasma.

01/21/2009 08:08 AM
cmany
cmany  
Group Leader
I'm an Advocate

Yea that's it!!! Thanks Connie - the LLMD told my mother that was why she had chronic bronchitus...wish they knew that back when I had it...but eventually went on zithro and it went away...

01/22/2009 03:15 PM
Bettyg

VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Sick i've had this for decades and it appears to keep getting worse every time i go to bed all day long!

01/29/2009 03:35 PM
mem6757

Could be filarial worms? I would check with Smiffy about symptoms Smile she got rid of them finally. Microscopic worms in the lungs..could be it?

01/30/2009 04:26 AM
Smiffy
Smiffy  

http://www.anapsid.org/cnd/diffdx/klapow.html

these enchanting creatures can be caught from the same tick bite as the borrelia - mine were found by live blood microscopy & successfully treated with a few doses of Ivermectin

Dr Klapow is currently developing a new test for Lyme coinfections

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved