MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
11/13/2008 10:23 AM

just a quick update

RubiaFaerie
RubiaFaerie  

I just wanted to do a quick little update since so many on here were so kind and caring and helpful to me when I first came here a couple weeks back :o)

I have been feeling the same, not better, not worse, so I guess that's a good thing. Though my stomach has been bugging me a bit lately, and I've read that could be a symptom too, so fun :oP

In happy news, I'm now a married woman :o) Got married October 25 to my wonderful hubby. Was a great day. I was tired but I had so much fun, and got through the day pretty well. It wasn't till the very end of the night that I started to feel ill. I was hot and the dress was heavy and I was *so* thirsty with such a dry mouth, I felt very overheated and exhausted, dizzy like I was going to pass out. I couldn't help get all the stuff we had to take together, all I could do was sit on the chair and hope to not pass out :oP once we got to the hotel I had a chance to cool down and once I got out of the heavy dress I and showered and laid down I finally didn't feel dizzy or nauseous anymore. We went on an amazing honeymoon to Sonoma Valley CA, and though I was frequently tired we had a great time.

I'm finally seeing a doctor on MOnday. Finding one who is good is not easy. My mom works with someone who is a head honcho type person at a local hospital and he actually has lyme disease so he referred me to his doctor. He isn't around the next couple of weeks but set me up with an appt to his colleague who he says is as good as him, so hopefully they are knowledgable and don't make me feel stupid. I'm going to try to remember to bring as much info as I can with me so that I don't seem stupid and I know what I'm talking about (partially at least).

That's it though... just wanted to say hi and a little update since you've all been so kind :o) wish me luck on monday... I want to get this taken care of ASAP for we wish to start trying for a baby in January :o/

11/13/2008 10:40 AM
cmany
cmany  
Group Leader
I'm an Advocate

So glad you were able to do both the wedding and the honeymoon!!!

Hope all goes well with the doc...

Cool

Christine

11/13/2008 04:06 PM
Bonski
Bonski  

Good luck! And congratulations on your marriage. May you get well soon!

Bonita

11/13/2008 06:21 PM
ConnieD
ConnieD  

CONGRATULATIONS RubieFairy....I'm so happy that you had a good wedding day and a good honeymoon.

Thank you for giving us an update. Don't worry about feeling 'stupid'......you're the smart one....you've already done lots of research on this disease. Keep reading and researching. Knowledge is power to get well.Smile

Did you get to drink any wine while in the Sonoma Valley? How fun....

Please keep us posted, when you have time. We really do want to know how you are doing. Lyme has a way of bonding people together.

Post edited by: ConnieD, at: 11/13/2008 18:22

11/13/2008 09:52 PM
beauty4ashes
beauty4ashes  

RubiaFaerie~ First, CONGRATULATIONS on your marriage & honeymoon!!

I have been here about as long as you, and am seeing my first doctor tomorrow after getting the runaround from my PCP. It really is hard to get doctors to listen when Lyme is brought up, huh? *sigh* Hopefully, one day that will change... I pray it does! Good luck on Monday, and please let us know how it goes!

PS- Love, love, LOVE your wedding photo you have up for your profile pic!! Laughing

(((BIG HUGS))) and again, congrats... May your lives be truly blessed together!!

11/14/2008 03:32 AM
fluffyluggage
fluffyluggage  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Congrats, RubiaFaerie, and good luck to you on your visit. I hope that all goes well. You have your research. I also suggest you take any questions you may have, so that you get them all answered. I usually try to take a notebook with me so that I can write down whatever is said. Or better yet, take a DVR (digital voice recorder), and record your visit, if they'll let you, so you can go back over it, and then remember everything that happens during the visit! Smile Again, congrats and good luck! Laughing

*hugs*

Jen

12/01/2008 11:00 AM
RubiaFaerie
RubiaFaerie  

Hey :o)

Thanks, the visit didn't go like I hoped it would. When I brought up my concern for lyme it was pretty much brushed off...saying I have only "soft" symptoms of it not enough to warrant treatment, and she gave me labcorp info to get a lyme titer test but said if that comes up negative she wants to explore if maybe my depression that I mentioned I had when I was younger is coming back. Basically, you're fine it's in your head, even though I had a tick bite, had the "flu like illness since which i haven't felt fully better" and all this started after finding the damn tick :oP I'm not even bothering with lab corp, I want to see if maybe I go to my regular doc with all the info I know if maybe she will listen to me. Rather have my blood drawn by her anyway if she wants to do the test too, even though I know they are often inconclusive. I'm hoping that when I give her a list of my symptoms and give her a printout of what I have researched (easier than explaining myself... I get flustered and trip over words) maybe she will go forth with treatment. It just is frustrating because I felt fine till the tick bite, it was after that that all the symptoms started.

If going to my main doctor leads to the same standstill..well then I'll have to look into ones not covered by insurance :o( i'm really really trying to avoid that. it's frustrating too on top of the normal frustration because we want to start trying for a baby soon but I want to make sure this is taken care of, so that it's not passed on to the baby or a miscarriage doesn't occur :o(

12/01/2008 11:02 AM
RubiaFaerie
RubiaFaerie  

thank you! hopefully I can find a doctor who will actually listen. I'm trying to exhaust all paths that are covered by insurance hoping I'll find somethng good Pinch if they all lead to the same conclusion i'm going to have to go to the llmd that isn't covered by insurance :o(

12/01/2008 11:09 AM
RubiaFaerie
RubiaFaerie  

Thanks Connie! :o)

Sonoma was awesome, we went to a couple wineries but only found one with wine we liked. They also had adorable dogs and pygmy goats! hehe.

Unfortunately the dr visit didn't go to well and I forgot my list of symptoms and other notes becasue well lets face it my memory now sucks... and I ended up getting the "well the symptoms aren't too bad, they're only soft symptoms of lyme at this moment, we'll get a lyme titer test from labcorp and then if that comes up negative we'll focus on if maybe the depression from when you were younger if maybe that's coming back" basically you're not sick enough, you're fine, it's all in your head. So.. I'm gonna go back to my reg doctor who i'm at least comfortable with, and remember (hopefully) to bring all my notes and symtomps and maybe go from there. i rather have her do blood work anyway. I hate needles and i trust her at least :oP even though i know those are often inconclusive, maybe she can be convinced to do something without a postive test result. i mean come on, i had a tick bite, had the flu lik eillness that since i've been feeling pretty crappy and i felt fine before the tick bite. I think that's conclusive enough to at least go forth with treatment.

hopefully this will go better. my neck has been driving me insane. it's very stiff/cracks a lot and the muscles / area around my trachea and where my thyroid are are really annoying/bothersome. I don't want the syptoms to get so bad they becme "hard symptoms" in the one doctors eyes. thats why i'm going to the dr now! so they don't progress to that!

Pinch frustration!

12/01/2008 11:10 AM
RubiaFaerie
RubiaFaerie  

Thanks Beauty! I hope you had better luck than I did. Still getting the runaround, the one dr. seems to think it's more likey depression. Lovely :oP

Glad you like the pic hehe! I hope things are looking better for you!

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved