MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
12/28/2010 05:13 PM

Bicillin LA

svanhecke

Started Bicillin LA injections 2x last week and am having a great deal of elevation of symtoms. Not able to hand orals so this is a good alternative to treat my very aggressive chronic lyme and other co-infections. Just would welcome some feedback if anyone else out there has any other reations to the treaments or has hopefully some positive outcomes.

Thanks in advance.

12/28/2010 07:03 PM
sunnydaysagain

Hi, I am on bicillin LA shots also. I think they are working great. I herx very badly on the 3rd - 9th. I stopped for a few weeks and am feeling great.My headaches are gone for the most part and my head feels clear. I was taking two shots of the 2.4 mil per week which for my size I think it might have been to much medicine at one time.

I have talked with a few people who are doing the 1.2 mil 3 to 4 times a week.

My doctor uses a smaller gauge needle and administers them slow and steady. they do not hurt at all. I think the needle that came with my shots was to large and would leave a large hole which would cause me to bleed. Also if you administer them to fast they hurt. When the shot starts to hurt I just tell my doctor and he slows the shot down.

The ILADS says bicillin la are the "best treatment".

I spoke with one gentleman and it took him three months of shot not to have pain which he seemed very happy with the results. Another person I spoke with said he thought they also worked great.

what dosage are you doing?

Can you tell me where you are getting your shots and the price?

01/08/2011 06:49 PM
larae
larae  

Hi-

I have been on bicillin for 3 weeks now (self inject) and have noticed significant dazed and confused...deer in the headlight issues. Total spacy. Everyone has commented how horrible I look (thanks). and I am taking flagyl as well. I was Rx'd rifampin but it was too expenssive and will go on it later.

Anyway. I was curious what some os you guys might be having on them.

Honestly, since I have been on a full year of ABX's, I have gotten worse in so many ways. I wish I could say otherwise. It's as if I am totally disconnected. and obviously painful everywhere. The new Lyme MD is very aggressive.

p.s. I experienced major thoracic pain initially too...then that faded.

Anyone else have increased brain fog issues?

Barb

01/08/2011 06:50 PM
larae
larae  

p.s. Procaine is really great for your immune system. I may order the PA next time.

01/08/2011 07:02 PM
svanhecke

Thanks for your message Larae. I too am on week 3 of Bicillin injections 2x a week. I was with Target today with my grown children, we split up somehow,and my husband had taken my cell phone. I couldn't find them and for a short while I felt like a little child lost and scared. (how pathetic, I'm 53 and used to be a VP for Oracle). I am exhaused, sick, in pain, and am about to try legal Marij. (we live in California) has anyone tried that for Lyme pain and Bicillin issues...feeling deperate and alone. Thanks to all Susanne

01/11/2011 08:13 PM
larae
larae  

oh, I am so sorry. I am sure there is a plethera of info on here about medical marij.

I have read that it is not good for the immune system. look up low dose naltrexone. very popular around the lyme community.

I am walking away from my home...I tried to tell my family and brother that you get to a point where you need part time assistance. To manage a home, bills, health insurance...and not have any $ left over for treatment is asicine. They do not get it though. Why did I get the health care gene in the family? Smile

who do you see for tx? Something wonderful will happen. I keep hearing 9 months is the magic number where u feel something good happen.

my MD had me on bicillin 3x's a week, flagyl 500mg 2x's a day for 5 days, off 4 two.

uhm...pretty aggressive.

take good baths ok?

hugs to you! and blessings. Sometimes, I feel I would be ok with all this sufferring if I knew it was the rigth path! ya know Smile

"He will never leave you nor forsake you"...p.s. also, neaurontin is very good for nerve pain & antihistamines.

love-

barb

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved