MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
12/27/2010 07:27 PM

Bartonella Foot Pain

Jessalynn1
Jessalynn1  

I know that foot pain is a hallmark of bartonella, but I am wondering about specific experiences people have had with this foot pain.

My feet hurt mostly in the a.m. and p.m.- but sometimes all day. I do not have the nerve-like pain that many describe (and as I mentioned, it does not just occur in the morning), and I am wondering if my foot pain is bartonella at all.

I am 29, so I'm pretty sure it's Lyme or a co-infection (vs. old age), but I'm wondering WHAT it is. The pain is more of a soreness in the arch of my foot. It often feels like I ran a marathon the day before (when in reality I did nothing!). Anyone had this experience? Insight would be helpful. Thanks in advance!

12/27/2010 08:01 PM
VicMac
VicMac  

Jessa, my brother in law has been complaining of this very thing in his feet. And he just got over some very strange shoulder pain with numbness in one hand."

He says it is something called "Plantar facitis" or something like that. And it supposedly has to do with the arches in the feet not having enough support?

He says he is getting some relief from wearing some kind of support in his shoes.

He also says it is worse in the morning getting out of bed.

I know this can be due to Bart too. But he insists he just has this "plantar" thing. you might want to google it.

Blessings Jessa!

12/27/2010 08:07 PM
Jessalynn1
Jessalynn1  

Thanks for the feedback Vic. Funny that you mention the plantar facitis because I recently read about that in a book when reading about Bartonella. It was a Bart checklist and read, "Foot pain in the morning (commonly misdiagnosed as plantar fasciitis)".

How strange. I hope that it is just a coincidence that your brother has this plantar fasciitis, and that he doesn't have bartonella! Thanks again for your input!

12/27/2010 08:19 PM
VicMac
VicMac  

Was thinking the same thing!

12/27/2010 08:45 PM
toothfairy55
toothfairy55  

My feet are the major source of my pain besides my hips, legs and knees....

Im on my feet all day and by the end of the day i cant wait to get them out of shoes(which I couldnt even wear for 6 months).

I do love a good soak in the tub with epsom salts

12/27/2010 11:07 PM
TaraT
TaraT  
VIP Member

Yes I have to say this is the ONE symptom that came on and NEVER went away. It is constant but when I have a flare it keeps me from walking sometimes...

I am now getting the sharp stabbing pains in the arches and in the ankles when I try to walk. This is pretty new along with the itching/burning on the toes and bottoms of my feet that wake me up in the middle of the night..

I break out in hives on my feet a lot too *shrug*

12/28/2010 02:34 AM
fabajenna

I have the same symptom in the arch of the foot, with burning, tiching, and tingling all over as well.

I also get little cuts and slashes on my feet that appear spontaneously. I thought it was Morgellon's, but it might just be the bart.

By taking the A-BART, that symptom is getting better rapidly.

Try rolling a tennnis ball or even a golf ball under your foot. Make sure you stretch your calves and hamstrings out often during the day, they can be a source of tight soles.

Hope you find some relief!

peace

12/28/2010 04:32 AM
shorelinelyme
shorelinelymePosts: 1252

For a long time my feet were my major symptom. I had too many symptoms there to list...but now they are mainly gone.

The pains were not limited to the morning for me, though...they were all day and often got worse at night.

I know that my Naturopath believes that Bart and Babesia cause many of the feet symptoms...mine seem to clear on the Bart abx, though. Epsom salt baths helped a lot as well.

It is so strange how these bacteria like to invade our feet!

Jackie

Post edited by: shorelinelyme, at: 12/28/2010 04:35 AM

12/28/2010 05:03 AM
wlkthlne
wlkthlne  

Jess1....Same as you to a tee..and shoreline..It's for sure Bart...and it don't matter, morn,eve,afternoon.

The "majority" get it in the morning, that is why it is written up that way.

Don't forget, we could have the same dane' thing, but react and even respond diffferntly..

My best to all of you to find and get releif, Know exactly what you are talkin' about..

wlkthlneCool

12/28/2010 06:38 AM
smdarnell
smdarnell  

I have severe foot pain and also some bumps that look like cysts on the sides of my feet. Has anyone also dealt with incredible sensitivity. Like, I've always been ticklish but now if my boyfriend even brushes my feet in his sleep, I would wake up in pain.

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved