MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
12/27/2010 06:36 AM

HOPE-Good Luck

Julie4848

Hi Hope:

I will be sending positive thoughts your way during your surgery and praying for a fast and easy recovery.

Please let us know when you can how you are doing. I know you will be in the hospital for a few days. Take that time to rest, and let the body heal.

Many hugs

Julie

12/27/2010 09:44 AM
happymom3

I will keep you in my prayers hope

12/27/2010 10:09 AM
hopesalive
hopesalive  

Awwwww....thank you, Julie.

This is so sweet of you to do.

Thank you, too, happymom!

Prayers are a good thing. Smile

I am going in at 11:20 a.m. tomorrow (Tuesday) morning, and surgery will be performed at 1:20 pm.

I really wanted to bring my computer, but the nurse says, "no!" Sad

I will have to get by with TV, books, and magazines, and possibly lots of sleeping if I can sleep. lol

My friends talked about visiting, but I really hate to have people see me right after surgery and without my makeup and hair done perfectly, lol!

I am so vain! haha

I asked the nurse if I could bring my dachshund, and she didn't even take me seriously.

Imagine that!

Well, one more day to try to get a few things done around here.

A bit overwhelmed, and not sure where to begin, so here I sit on the computer, in my new Christmas pjs at noon!

I am so bad, lol!

Love you Julie and happymom!

12/27/2010 10:24 AM
Julie4848

Hi:

No idea why you can't bring the computer, I always do and they even lock it up for me when I'm out of my room. But you also might not be in the mood to be on the computer.

It may suprise you that you are only in for two days. I remember my total Hyst. 37 staples etc. They told me 6 days I was out in 3, I rather be home and in pain then in the hospital with my butt sticking out of the lovely gown they have you wear...LOL

Again, good luck and I will be thinking of you.

p.s. Saw my Onco today, not sure what is going on sending me off for a ct of the stomach etc, plus my blood pressure has been very high 154/103 for two days so they are worried about that also...This getting old is for the birds....

GOOD thoughts coming your way and I know in my heart you will be AOK as I'm sending two angels to be with you, my mom and sister...Smile

Hugs

Julie

12/27/2010 10:34 AM
hopesalive
hopesalive  

Of course I have to come back and tell you one more thing, lol.

I feel SO spoiled!

I have always wanted wanted those super soft, fluffy, cushy robes and/or blankets, but I end up buying them for others at Christmas, and I have never gotten one.

Well, Christmas Eve, my SIL got me a little night gown set that came with the really soft, fluffy robe, and yesterday, my son bought me one of the super soft blanket throws with one of the gift cards he received for Christmas.

Last night, at my friends' dinner, my friends spoiled me rotten!

She bought me more gifts than I received all together on Christmas Eve!

She says she loves doing it, and oh, do I feel spoiled!

She bought me a new, really cute pair of pjs that have dog paws on the pants and a black top with one dog paw in the middle, a candle oil warmer (which I have wanted) some Bath and Body items (lotions, hand gels), Santa soaps dispenser (I collect Santas), gel candle, very soft, fuzzy slipper socks that happen to match my robe, and a gorgeous grey, flowered shawl/scarf.

The scarf is funny, because we went shopping together at the outlet stores, and I fell in love with the scarf.

My friend is very sneaky, because she bought it when we were both in the store together and slipped it into her bag.

The funniest thing is she left her bag in the Bath and Body store and we were at the other end of the outlet mall when she realized it.

We both rushed back, hoping the clerks found it and not a customer who would take it.

My friend said she laughed so hard, because I was almost running back to try to save her purchases, and she said here I had no idea I was saving my own Christmas gift, lol!

Okay. Anyway, I have plenty of soft, fluffy, cuddly material to cuddle up with on the couch, when I return home, along with my Oti. Wink

12/27/2010 10:46 AM
VicMac
VicMac  

Hope and Julie,

Praying for you both! Looks like you can both use a bit of heaven's healing touch!

Hope, you can get through this with flying colors!

Big hug to both of you!

12/27/2010 11:52 AM
hopesalive
hopesalive  

Julie, I am honored that you are sharing your angels with me: too sweet. Smile

I guess the computer thing is strictly due to the fact it is considered a "valuable," and here they have no place to lock it up.

She actually said that at night "the nurses have no control about who goes in and out of the rooms at night."

Well, that makes me feel safe and secure, lol!

I don't know what would be so difficult about putting a locked something in the room, but oh well.

You are correct that I may not feel like going on the computer, anyway.

I will bring books, mags, and I do enjoy TV, sometimes.

Thank you for the update with your appointment. I was wondering about that, too.

I hope they figure out what is going on, Julie.

YOU are in MY prayers, too.

Hugs and Love!

12/27/2010 11:52 AM
hopesalive
hopesalive  

Thank you, Vic!

12/27/2010 12:07 PM
TaraT
TaraT  
VIP Member

HOPE! Hope, Hope, Hope, Hope, You know.

I'll be with you in spirit while you are in the hospital.

Love you girl!

12/27/2010 01:08 PM
Julie4848

Hope: I will go one step further. My mother had this jar "Prayer Jar" and inside she would put her prayers into it. One was cute "God if you can't fix me, please take me home"....She has over 100 prayers in that jar all for me and my sisters and herself.

So I am putting a prayer into her jar for you that all goes well tomorrow.

Remember my list I gave you, not sure you read it.

1. Beno for gas pains

2. Heating pad for gas pains

3. Nice pillow in the event the doggie jumps on you

4. Gauze pads and tape (all sizes)

As I have had many operations (sad but true) I know what you will need.

My thoughts and prayer are with you tomorrow

Hugs

Julie

Post edited by: Julie4848, at: 12/27/2010 01:09 PM

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved