MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
12/04/2010 06:12 PM

Please share your CD-57 results...feeling alone

littletree
littletree  

hey everyone, could you please share your CD-57 experiences with me, mine is 22, and feeling very insecure about it.......thank you everyone.

12/04/2010 07:14 PM
hopesalive
hopesalive  

Hi littletree,

So sorry you are feeling bad about your results, but I do not believe you are alone.

Many of use will have lower counts.

Is this because you are already undergoing treatment and your level is not rising?

Or did you just receive your number?

I just received mine in mid-October.

I don't have mine in front of me, and although not as low as yours, mine is also low.

"Normal," healthy people should test around a 200, and I believe mine was in the low 40s.

I hope others will come along and share.

12/04/2010 08:33 PM
Jessalynn1
Jessalynn1  

I'm not 100%, but I believe mine was about a 38. Have you started treatment or was this a test done to measure response to treatment?

12/04/2010 09:24 PM
Bettyg

VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

12/05/2010 07:21 AM
AshMcD
AshMcD  

Mine was 50, then I tested for lyme disease through Igenex Western Blot and was positive.

12/05/2010 07:37 AM
littletree
littletree  

Thank you for responding everyone.....mine was done while I was recovering from a Cryptosporidium infection of the gut, kind of like Giardia but a protazoan...must have picked it up from run-off flood water here in the valley, so I think that may have contributed to the very low number.

I believe that I got the rather rare infection because my NK's were low from lyme.

Since then I have been on a month of Doxy with little improvement, and I am searching for answers. This whole thing started for me in Feb of this year when I got Strep and was layed up for a week or so..

(I was totally healthy before that), then about a month after that I started to get weird muscle and skin sensations, then headaches and TMJ, dizziness, buzzing soles of feet, twitching muscles, ear pain, fleeting intense muscle pain etc.

And now it has been almost 8 months since my symptoms started, and I am wearing out.

I know so many of you have been dealing for so much longer, but I am struggling mightily, I am single (kids half the time), and I am having a very hard time holding myself together for myself and for them.

So there is a little more history.....thank you so much for responding, the hardest part for me is the isolation and aloneness....so thank you so very much....God bless you all. Brad

12/05/2010 01:16 PM
Bettyg

VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

brad, hugs to you my new friend

you are NO LONGER ALONE; someone is here 23/7 hrs. a day; so come here to learn and most importantly, for us to hear your thoughts, feeling,to vent, need a shoulder to cry on, etc.

how old are you kids that you have weekends?

glad you found us, and that we all are filling a vacancy in your life presently in the middle of nowhere Smile hugs Kissing

bettyg, iowa leader

12/05/2010 01:22 PM
littletree
littletree  

I am 37, and my beautiful kids are 14 daughter, and 8 son.....

and that is the main reason this is so hard for me, they are everything to me, and I feel like I am slowly sinking......thank you for your support bless you.

Brad

12/05/2010 03:56 PM
DrScarlet

Littletree, a month of doxy is nothing. Don't be surprised that it hasn't worked. My LLMD said when people start complaining of jaw pain in the presence of other Lyme symptoms it's almost w/out a doubt Lyme. I felt like you did and after doxy (no real progress), then fluconozole and tetracyclne, followed by Mepron and zithromax, I got my brain and energy back w/ only occasional mild flares. Joint pain has stayed but I'm continuing on w/ antibiotics. I have two kids as well and a year ago I was lying on the floor in tears wondering how I was going to even cook dinner, twitches, strange skin sensations, all the stuff you describe that makes you feel crazy. Now I play with and chase those kids. I can lift a pot of water and find my way places without getting lost. Don't lose hope - you can feel better but don't waste time on a doctor who doesn't know anything about Lyme - my diagnosis was delayed by 7 months which never should have happened and makes for a tougher course.

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved