MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
10/24/2010 03:17 PM

trouble sticking w/the yeast free diet...

tiffachelle
tiffachelle  

I am having a hard time sticking to this dang yeast free diet.

I do really good when I have a flare up because I have no desire to eat anything, but when I feel better it's like I stray far far way.

I know I've posted about this before it's just frustrating. I truly feel at times that I can't eat anything.

And then I get super cranky Devil and even I don't want to be around myself, so I know it's not enjoyable for my poor husband or kids Smile

I lost 15 pounds but have gained 8 of those back since I started eating the carbs and such again.

And I mean I can't expect my family to totally eliminate their diet for me. Even though I feel like if I have to suffer everyone should too Wink

My 5 year old has food allergies to Eggs, Peanuts, Tree Nuts, Milk, Soy, Beef, Pork, Shellfish, and certain fish.

So he is already limited to what he can eat and of course like any other kid he is super picky.

Once again here I am on here rambling and if I want to be totally honest I am having a hissy fit. haha It sucks a lot.

I just want to stomp my feet and scream and maybe cry....haha o.k. I know I sound like an emotional wreck. And all because of food.

Well maybe not all because of food, but the combination of everything.

O.k. I am sorry I complain so much, but I feel like I can vent on here to keep my the little bit of sanity I have left Silly

Booo to you Lyme.

Post edited by: Bettyg, at: 10/25/2010 03:07 AM

10/25/2010 03:09 AM
Bettyg

VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

tiff, i understand; i'm in your situation too.

i've got to call the diabetes dietician and get major help; my diabetes is out of control and a heart attack or stroke could be happening in not to distant future IF i don't get this under control NOW!!

that's enough to change my eating habits.

praying for you; pray for me too tiff ok Smile

10/25/2010 04:23 AM
tiffachelle
tiffachelle  

Thank you bettyg!! I need all the prayers I can get. I will definitely pray for you too. Smile

10/25/2010 05:26 AM
VicMac
VicMac  

Oh boy, I feel for the both of you. And you've both got my prayers!!

I know how frustrating the diet thing can be!

I've got so many food sensitivities and limitations that it takes up way too much of my time and focus just trying to figure out what I can eat everyday besides just vegetables.

Then I have to prepare every meal from scratch, and I don't always have the energy to do it. Like I have to make my own bread every day, just to get the right kind of yeast free grain into my diet. Have to use sprouted grains, no rice flour because of my glycemic problem, blah blah blah.

I so bad just want to heat up a good old fashioned frozen TV dinner! It would be a luxury for me, and would taste so good!

Can't have yeast, no salt, no sugar, no fruit, no wheat, no dairy, no corn, no potatoes---------

If I eat any of these things, they can comprise maybe 2% of my diet in one week. Any more than that and I start feeling it.

Tiff, having your family to worry about too must make it so much harder! I absolutely cannot imagine having that on top of just trying to take care of myself. My heart goes out to you kiddo!!

I know the feeling, that you feel you "can't eat anything" sometimes. I mainly just get tired of having to put so much effort into it every day.

And Betty, please get your diabetes under control! Not good!

Again, my prayers to the both of you.

Post edited by: VicMac, at: 10/25/2010 05:30 AM

10/25/2010 07:17 AM
lydian
lydian  

Hang in there. It takes time but you'll learn to live with it. Then, it will just be like "Old hat". I have a few friends like you VicMac. She taught me quite a few things. Now, even when I go out, I have learned to ask questions, substitute things and often carry with me what I can eat.

You can do it! I know you can.Wink

10/25/2010 07:30 AM
tiffachelle
tiffachelle  

Thank you guys for your support! I love this place and the people. I just feel that on here I can get all my frustration out and y'all won't think I'm nuts! haha

You would think I would be used to eliminating things because I have to do it for my son, but like you said VicMac when it comes to me, I just feel like I don't have the energy. blahhhhh. o.0

10/26/2010 06:41 AM
VicMac
VicMac  

If you have the money, there are businesses out there now that will prepare just about anything you want and deliver it to your home. Not cheap.

I dream of being able to do this someday! Just pay someone else to chop all my weekly veggies for me, prepare my meats, make my bread for me etc.

In some areas, there are free food services for homebound disabled people, run by volunteers. They usually require that you not be eligible for Meals on wheels yet.

I know of one in New Mexico, and they do healthy meals, but can't use it because I am not completely homebound from Lyme.

Anyone can check with their state or county services to see about these volunteer organizations. Not every state has them.

10/26/2010 07:27 AM
waxby
waxbyPosts: 4811
VIP Member

~~~Yo yo yo tiff,

~~~Re your "I just want to stomp my feet and scream and maybe cry..."

~~~DO IT!!! And do it real good! Let it OUT! No holds barred.Very therapeutic.Then look back saying thank you so much for it,and wave "bbye now" to the session!

~~~Take it from me.I'm a pro at it!

```````~~~from my straight jacket~~~out on a limb~~~lookin like a cocoon~~~hangin by a thread~~~waitin for a butterfly~~~under the moon~~~Lovey-Dovey,Mitchell~~~

11/03/2010 07:38 PM
Jessalynn1
Jessalynn1  

I hear ya! I've been trying to cut sugar from my diet and I want my husband to be on board with this as well. He has a hard time understanding why that's important to me. It's just so hard when you see someone eating food that you can't have!

11/04/2010 03:51 PM
tiffachelle
tiffachelle  

Exactly Jessalynn! I'm having an even harder time now, considering that my kids got enough Halloween candy to last us for the next 5 years! And now with the the holidays coming up...oh boy!

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved