MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
10/21/2010 08:44 PM

Anyone feel horrible after an MRI??

venusflytrap
venusflytrap  

Weird question, but I'm wondering if the strong radio waves (and/or magnetic field) from an MRI can either aggravate lyme or cause a herx? If rife machines can have an effect and some people w/ lyme are EMF sensitive, I figure why not?

To make things clear, I mean just an MRI- no ingestion of nasty liquids/chemicals/etc. And no ionizing radiation like a CT scan.

Venus

10/21/2010 09:02 PM
toothfairy55
toothfairy55  

I actually feel better after an MRI. Dont know why. Maybe for the same reason magnets work?

10/21/2010 10:28 PM
Natsmom

I felt better after an MRI, too. I thought, "How weird is that?" Then I wondered if it worked like those magnets that are used on people with depression. It must've kicked up some serotonin or something.

08/30/2011 08:31 AM
jeanetter44
jeanetter44  

I see this is an older post however I wanted to say that 20 minutes after having an mri my whole esophagus went numb for about two minutes. I couldn't feel anything in my throat it was very scary as I couldn't feel myself breathing. Straight mri. That was last October. Got dx this passed April. Numerous strange things have gone on with my body. Bitten in Aug. '08. Still in pain, and currently nauseated horribly and trying to get well. Haven't worked since Sept 1 of '09. Has wiped me out in so many aspects of my life.

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved