MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
10/14/2010 06:06 PM

Symptoms: Can anyone describe their FOOT PAIN?

hopesalive
hopesalive  

Hi. Me again. Tons of questions. Smile

I have read that foot pain and numbness is typical

in late stage Lyme disease, but I thought I read that

the foot pain is more of an achy pain or a shooting

pain? I ask, because for the last three to four days

I am getting horrible foot CRAMPS. Almost like a

"charlie horse" would feel. Started in the toes, and

tonight involves my entire foot. Hurts like hell.

Is this something anyone else has experienced? I maybe

need more calcium or to eat a banana? Hoping this is

NOT a new symptom.

10/14/2010 06:42 PM
toothfairy55
toothfairy55  

Hi hopesalive,

have an xray or mri done on foot. I have Bart and this is a symptom BUT I also had a Mortons neuroma inbetween toes and it caused nerve damage and now I have perm. neuropathy. Please get it checked out with a foot doc

10/14/2010 06:55 PM
TaraT
TaraT  
VIP Member

Hope I too have those charlie horses that come sometimes and it seems its an all day struggle..The only thing that helps them for me is to try and stretch the toes up and toward my head...Stretch the foot out..

Sometimes I press my toes on the bedrail or something and put pressure on the foot in order to bed the toes upward...Sometimes upon release of that pressure they double over again with cramping..

STIFFNESS in entire foot..lots of pain in the ankle upon weight. My feet actually feel like they've been smashed or run over by a car or something..

The entire foot (both of them) ache even when at rest. It was much worse last year after taking doxy for another infection in my leg...Neuropathy flared at the same time..

It's much better now but I am getting shooting pains in my feet when I stand on them and with every step..feels like it's originating from the ankles..

*SHRUG*

10/14/2010 07:23 PM
VicMac
VicMac  

Hope,

I have had a lot of weird symptoms involving my feet. Actually glad you mention it right now!

Early on I remember I used to get pain on the tops of my feet alot. Hurt to walk. Then had it on the bottoms and with a real bad burning one time that kept me from walking much for several days.

Cramps I agree with Tara about. All you have to do to stop those Charlie horse cramps in the toes, is bend all your toes up towards your face. It works for me. And yes, I get them more since having Lyme. Especially horrible RLS.

You are right about Calcium and bananas. If I don't keep up the calcium and potassium and magnesium, the RLS is unbearable. So it could really help your feet too.

Also early on, I had a huge dark spot that formed under my large toenail several times, but was not painful, and went away but came back.

Now the same large toe keeps having an infection under the nail that hurts so bad I can't even wear my shoes sometimes, or have the bed sheets over it. There is no dark spot under the nail now though. Just hurts like hell. But it is worrisome because nothing seems to work to clear it up. Not even all the oral antibiotics I have taken recently. So I am trying a poultice now for it.

Hope you feel better!!

10/16/2010 09:40 AM
hopesalive
hopesalive  

Thank you for your responses everyone.

I have not tried the stretching of the foot, but I actually try to push it down onto the floor as if I am going to stand up and it does relieve the cramping.

Just strange, because I never get these and here they come for four to five days in a row now.

I am afriad to ask, "What next?" ;P

10/16/2010 11:01 AM
wlkthlne
wlkthlne  

Yes, but I am careful with the stretch..I turned it in to a charlie-horse...yeee hawww!Sad

With me it is the "Bart". My Doc has got me on the Doxy and Rif protocal..

I find some releif at the foot end..but it is playing havoc on my eyes and head..

If I come on here and write nothing...

you know I just became brain dead..W00t Silly Unsure sorry, when it's bad I turn to awful humor...

I describe the foot pain..it starts at the arch and goes torward the heel...other times my foot feels like it is arching upward, no pain..but feel like I should be walkin' upside-down...LOL can't make it up!

Cool wlkthlne

10/16/2010 05:34 PM
walkersraven
walkersravenPosts: 578

wlkthlne........Can I ask is the foot cramp specific to Bart? Last wk the arches on both feet would wake me up with bad charlie horse feeling. Also care to share what the eye issue is?

10/16/2010 06:19 PM
zippysmom
zippysmom  

The foot cramps seem to be common, I have them too. I also get sharp pain through my feet and just in the last 2 months So, this can do weird things. Hang in there!

10/16/2010 08:18 PM
wlkthlne
wlkthlne  

walkersraven, yes in my case the feet for sure seem to be the Bart. As for the eyes, been my biggest issue.

I get everything, uncontrolled twitchin' of eyes, blurry, hard to focus, tagpoles and when I take certain stuff before going to bed I wake up in the middle of a deep sleep with loss of vision..

It does come back and never happens during the day.

Due to that Lyme and many of it's co-friends can hide in the head...where it is most hard for the body to get rid of it and for abx to fight...

I may have more than just Bart effecting the eye's and head...It is a hard call...

At this momemnt I am on doxy and Rif...it has changed the symptoms to my feet,head and eyes in strange ways...

So I am going to stick with the "Bart" protocal and remind me to keep you posted...

Please keep me in the loop how you are doing...

As it has been said; "stranger things have happened"

Cool wlkthlne

10/16/2010 08:38 PM
Holly123
Holly123  

Yes I have foot pain too I have to stop sometimes and bend my toes to stretch them.. and also have knee pain too.. I really really really hope it is not permanent.

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved