MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
11/29/2007 10:13 AM

I need some help

CallyGrace

[i][size=2][/size]So I have been passing out lately and having some dizzy spells lately, and I have been talking to my dance teacher who has lyme disease and she thinks that I might have Lyme disease and I was wondering what the symptoms may be I will be really greatful thank you very much.

-CallyGrace

11/29/2007 10:24 AM
jaime1978
jaime1978  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Hi CallyGrace~ Here is a list of lyme symptoms and co infection symptoms. If you suspect you have LD, the sooner you get treatment the better. This is a very serious disease. Whatever you do, NO STEROIDS! You also need to see a lyme literate doctor (LLMD) if you need help finding one in your area please private message me. As mainstream doctors usually are fairly clueless about this. They think it's no big deal, or that a week or two of antibiotics will "cure" you, when that is NOT the case. Weather you chose to do the anitbiotic route, or the natural route, a week or two is not enough. While you are waiting to find a doc and get in with them, you caould buy some Cat's Claw (sawmento), you can find it in a health food store. Many believe this is a wonderful herb for fighting LD

Borrelia

(Borreliosis, neuroborreliosis; also known as Lyme Disease)

Spread primarily though the bite of infected ticks that live on a wide range of mammalian species; secondary human-to-human transmission through semen, breast milk, and possibly in utero

Bladder dysfunction

Burning or stabbing sensations

Cardiac impairment

Change in bowel function

Chest pain

Confusion

Depression

Difficulty thinking

Difficulty with concentration and reading

Difficulty with speech, writing

Difficulty finding words; name blocking

Disorientation: getting lost, going to wrong places

Disturbed sleep: too much, too little, fractionated, early awakening

Ears/Hearing: buzzing, ringing, ear pain, sound sensitivity

Exaggerated symptoms or worse hangover from alcohol

Eyes/Vision: double, blurry, increased floaters, light sensitivity

Facial paralysis (Bell's palsy)

Fatigue, tiredness, poor stamina

Forgetfulness

Headache

Heart block

Heart murmur

Heart palpitations

Heart valve prolapse

Increased motion sickness

Irritability

Irritable bladder

Joint pain or swelling

Lightheadedness

Mood swings

Muscle pain or cramps

Neck creaks & cracks

Neck stiffness, pain

Numbness

Pelvic pain

Poor attention

Poor balance

Poor short-term memory

Problem absorbing new information

Pulse skips

Rib soreness

Sexual dysfunction or loss of libido

Shooting pains

Shortness of breath; cough

Skin hypersensitivity

Sore throat

Stiffness of the joints or back

Swollen glands

Testicular pain

Tingling

Tremor

Twitching of the face or other muscles

Unavoidable need to sit or lay down

Unexplained breast pain

Unexplained fevers, sweats, chills or flushing

Unexplained hair loss

Unexplained menstrual irregularity'

Unexplained milk production

Unexplained weight loss or gain

Upset Stomach or abdominal pain

Vertigo

Wooziness

Babesia

(Babesiosis)

Babesia is a protozoan spread by ticks, blood transfusion, and in utero. Despite there being 13 known forms to date, current testing only looks for two of them.

Air hunger

Cough

Fatigue

Fevers

Headache

Hemolysis

Imbalance without true vertigo

Mild encephalopathy

Shaking chills

Sweats

Bartonella

(Bartonellosis, also known as cat scratch fever)

Spread by bites from infected ticks and in utero

abnormal liver enzymes

encephalopathy

endocarditis

flu-like malaise

headache

hemolysis with anemia

hepatomegaly

high fever

immune deficiency

jaundice

lymphadenopathy

myalgias

myocarditis

papular or angiomatous rash

somnolence

sore throat

splenomegaly

weakened immune response

Ehrlichia

(Ehrlichiosis)

Bites from infected ticks

elevated liver enzymes

headaches

myalgias

ongoing fatigue

persistent leukopenia

thrombocytopenia

11/29/2007 10:42 AM
Julie4848

What does cats claw do, I bought some and have used it yet....

11/29/2007 02:38 PM
jaime1978
jaime1978  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

cat's claw is just a natural way to treat lyme. It's also good for mold infections too which a lot of people have. I am taking it along with my antibiotics. Don't be fooled though, it still can cause herxing.

The TOA free form of cat's claw (Samento) may have three direct beneficial effects in humans with LD:

Immune modulation (correcting immune dysfunction)

Direct broad spectrum anti-microbial effect on spirochetes. Quinovic acid glycosides found in TAO-free cat's claw are similar to the quinilones widely used as antibiotics.

Blocking the adverse neurotoxic effects on cells, enzymes, and hormones

A pilot study treated 28 patients with Advanced Chronic Lyme Disease with TOA-free Uncaria tomentosa (cat's claw). Conventional cat's claw contains TOA alkaloids that interfere with the desired immune modulation. The 14 person control group was given antibiotic therapy. At the study's termination 85 % of those receiving the cat's claw preparation no longer had positive blood tests for Bb. All 28 persons had experienced a dramatic improvement in their clinical condition. No significant changes were seen in the control group.

11/29/2007 04:19 PM
Jenn56
Jenn56  

Were do we get the samento?Do we have to order it online?

11/30/2007 06:20 AM
jaime1978
jaime1978  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

you can order it online, or if you have a health food store around they should either have it, or be able to order it for you.

11/30/2007 07:46 AM
Julie4848

I get mine at the health food store

12/01/2007 12:08 PM
lymebytes
lymebytes  

Raintree Cat's Claw is an herb mentioned in Stephen Buhner's book "Healing Lyme". It may be helpful for those of us with Lyme Disease and also he reports that it can help increase CD57 counts.

Post edited by: jaime1978, at: 12/05/2007 08:19

12/02/2007 12:12 PM
Julie4848

How much do you start with, I just bought it but not used it yet...Sorta scared to..

07/20/2009 12:17 AM
kellis
kellis  

Hi!

It looks like you have a good list of symptoms from Jaime1978. If you are looking for more, there is a book called "Coping with Lyme Disease" by Denise Lang. It has numerous lists of symptoms, including early stage and late stage. It also has a number of patients and a description of their symptoms. I have had lyme for a number of years, and finally got diagnosed, mainly by my symptoms and a co-infection of Babesia that showed up on a blood test (my lyme tests were all negative). I've had so many weird symptoms that I didn't even want to tell my doctor about (thought he might think I was crazy!), but they were all verified in this book. It's a great resource. Hope this helps. Good luck to you.

: )

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved