MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
09/25/2010 11:45 PM

Scleroderma and Lyme?

TaraT
TaraT  
VIP Member

I never knew too much about scleroderma but ran across some info. when searching to figure out if my skin problem is lyme associated.

I have noticed on the knuckles of my right hand that they feel hard and calloused and itch a lot..All around my fingertips and fingernails I have calloused feeling skin that I pull off sometimes..

I've always thought I just wash my hands too much. But now I'm wondering due to the pain and itching I've noticed in these same areas as well as the elbows.

Does anyone know if scleroderma is also lyme related? Does anyone have these same types of hardening of the skin on the knuckles or toes and elbows?

I really couldn't find anything on an internet search linking lyme and these symptoms although I know lyme can do anything to us.

09/26/2010 03:15 AM
shorelinelyme
shorelinelymePosts: 1252

Tara,

Yes- this can be Lyme related.

Jackie

09/26/2010 12:47 PM
Bettyg

VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

YES, it is lyme related; 1 of 300 other illness overlapping lyme.

google ART DOUGHERTY; he used to have info showing all 300 other diseases & lyme; had studies, etc. shown.

see what you can find of his work; outstanding.

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved