MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
09/22/2010 10:19 AM

Test results are in!

afierycowgirl
afierycowgirl  

Blink

Well, I knew and my Dr. knew, but now we can all know together, right? Below are the test results.

First, my DR is great, and has been also reading on the net. The office believes in Lyme and is going to spend the time with me working on my tx plan! YAY Small town life DOES pan out!

She did not think of testing for co-infections, but had read that Lyme mimics so much that she had my blood ran for Lupus (negative), Rheumatoid Arthritis (negative), and Auto-immune diseases (negative)

We talked about my headaches, wrist pain, mood swings (surges), and other issues I am dealing with. Very happy that I am positive, and said if I start ANY symptoms of depression, call, they will get me seen IMMEDIATELY!

Keeping on with my meds, made sure supplements were going to be ok, have a nifty new brace for my wrist, and will turn 40 while sitting in the ID doctor's office next month.

Anyway, below are the results and any information whitten on the labs. Enjoy...

Of course it was a cluster situation:

Lyme, Western Blot, Serum

Lyme Ab IgG by WB:

IgG P93 Ab. Absent

IgG P66 Ab. Absent

IgG P58 Ab. Absent

IgG P45 Ab. Absent

IgG P41 Ab. Present ****

IgG P39 Ab. Absent

IgG P30 Ab. Absent

IgG P28 Ab. Absent

IgG P23 Ab. Absent

IgG P18 Ab. Absent

Lyme IgG WB Interp. Negative

Positive: 5 of the following Borrelia-specific bands: 18, 23, 28, 30, 39, 41, 45, 58, 66, and 93.

Negative: No bands or banding patterns which do not meet positive criteria.

Lyme Ab IgM by WB:

IgM P41 Ab. Present ****

IgM P39 Ab. Absent

IgM P23 Ab. Present ****

Lyme IgM WB interp. Positive

Lyme Disease Ab, Quant, IgM <.91 index 0.00 - 0.90

Negative <0.91

Equivocal 0.91 - 1.09

Positive >1.09

Note: IgM levels may peak at 3-6 weeks post infection, then gradually decline. FDA currently advises that Western Blot testing be performed following all quuivocal or positive EIA results. Final diagnosis should include appropraite clinical findings and a positive EIA which is also positive by Western Blot.

09/22/2010 04:11 PM
Bettyg

VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

cowgirl,

my pc is going to shop to be fixed in a little bit, no time to answer.

but go to my welcome letter i sent you; print off dr. c's western blot explanation in detail, read the numbers to see what it says.

YOU HAVE LYME. later

don't know how long i'll be without my pc!!

09/22/2010 04:22 PM
TaraT
TaraT  
VIP Member

So the Igg is negative? Have you had lyme for a very long time? I'm wondering what the difference is..I'm too lazy to look up info. sometimes because I read SO much during the day...

I am THINKING that the Igg detects recent infections? I've been sick almost my entire life...I'm now 41 so I have no idea what to expect when I get my tests...

09/23/2010 09:11 AM
afierycowgirl
afierycowgirl  

Betty - Yup, I knew I had Lyme, I got the pretty bullseye Sad Good luck on the PC, hopefully it is fast and easy Smile

Tara - I was bit June 12th, Dr June 16. No tests were done until September 10. I don't think that I am CDC. Crazy huh?

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved