MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
09/13/2010 08:42 AM

Lyme and Bladder issues

Marisa24
Marisa24  

Hi all,

I am continuously suffering from bladder issues. Including extremely frequent urination, and pain in the bladder area. Went to urologist, and they did not see any infection in the urine culture. It feels so much like an infection though, I just don't understand. I started searching for urine issues with Lyme Disease, and found that Lyme Disease can cause UTI's and a host of other bladder issues? Agh!!! Does anyone else experience bladder issues with Lyme?

09/13/2010 09:17 AM
Paschalltwin
Paschalltwin  

Yes, I have since July 2009. I take nerontin and pyridium to block the pain. (Sorry about spelling)

Drink lots of water to flush. I use ice packs to reduce swelling.

If you want to talk via phone, email me at paschalltwin@yahoo.com. I will pass along my number. There are those out there that suffer from this. I am still working on figuring out the solution. I will find a solution along with my naturepathic doctor.

Check out my websites. Read my stories about my symptoms.

http://mylymediary4me.blogspot.com/

http://efwlymesupport.blogspot.com/

09/13/2010 10:24 AM
waxby
waxbyPosts: 4814
VIP Member

~~~Hello Marisa,

~~~Yes I have had bladder issues and a hundred others!

~~~In all probability,taking proper good care of yourself,and making sure as you have that it is not a "proper" infection etc,sooner or later it,like so many hundreds of other Lyme symptoms,will resolve on it's own.

```````~~~in my straight jacket~~~out on a limb~~~lookin like a cocoon

~~~hangin by a thread~~~waitin for a butterfly~~~under the moon~~~Mitchell~~~

09/13/2010 10:35 AM
matthews8790
matthews8790  

i also have the same problem, have been seeing my llmd

doc for it , it has been very bothersome, my llmd says

that the organ that the spirochetes are found the most

in is the bladder, they r on the walls of the bladder

and that is why all the tests come out normal that we

take, it wont show up on a blood test or anything else,

my doc put me on ditropan and that shut my bladder

right down for almost a day, that was bad, then she

switched me to detrol 2mg, it worked well for the first

2 days then i started getting up and going again, so

now i have to increase to 4 mg.

Post edited by: matthews8790, at: 09/13/2010 10:36 AM

09/13/2010 02:05 PM
waxby
VIP Member

~~~Hello again Marissa,

~~~Thelma got me to thinking.UhOh.Sometimes, "I'm talking and I can't shut up!"

~~~Any way,I've been taking sodium bicarbonate,baking soda,for a year now and whatever else it may be doing I don't know for sure but I do know for SURE that it keeps my urine at PH between 7.2 and 8.That is alkaline.I test it several x a day to monitor how often and how much to take.We think we know that Lyme does not like an alkaline environment.

~~~Perhaps the sodium bicarb might solve your problem? I take 2-4x a day at 3/4 of a teaspoon +/-, before bed and mornings between meals on empty stomach so as not to interfere with stomach acids which are vital for proper digestion.

~~~Mayhaps an alkaline bladder environment will shoo them away!

~~~I don't know what will shoo me away.

~~~I'll shoo me away...

Post edited by: waxby, at: 09/13/2010 04:36 PM

09/13/2010 02:45 PM
Paschalltwin
Paschalltwin  

If lyme does not like an acid environment, would you not keep it below 7.2. The lower the more acidic, the higher the more akaline. Confused- quote_ "We think we know that Lyme does not like an acid environment." I have Lyme and my urine stays acidic. I thought Lyme didn't like an akaline environment, not a acidic environment. My understanding is that bacteria thrives in an acidic environment. Am I incorrect?

09/13/2010 05:00 PM
waxby
VIP Member

~~~Oops,thank you twin.I did mean to say we think we know that Lyme does not like an alkaline environment.We fixed it.

~~~Your urine should not be staying acidic but rather averaging around 7.2.This would indicate you are too acid.This is why an alkaline diet,such as vegan, is recommended.

~~~I have a very alkalinizing diet,mostly vegan,mostly raw, but it is not enough to keep me in the middle,around7.2ish.Without the bicarb my urine averages on the acid side of the fence and this is why I use the bicarb.I'm not sure if this is the antidote or just a theory.But the bicarb most definately keeps my urine on the alkaline side of the fence.

09/13/2010 05:09 PM
Caldonia
CaldoniaPosts: 143

I had several incidents of bladder pain before I was diagnosed with lyme. I thought I had a bladder infection and treated accordingly, but there was no bacteria present. When I started oral abx for the lyme, my bladder hurt so bad, I would just lay perfectly still at night in bed so as not to make it hurt more. My GP told me to try Alka Seltzer and it helped. Eventually, the bladder got better and I am usually ok unless I have too much strong coffee - love that Starbucks bold stuff.

09/13/2010 06:09 PM
waxby
VIP Member

~~~Changing blood PH is a whole different subject.

~~~Google ionized water and click onto "Ionized" and alkaline water: snake oil on tap

Jul 20, 2010 ... A chemist looks at the crackpot claims about "ionized" water, alkaline water, and the worthless electrolysis machines alleged to produce it.

~~~Very interesting.

09/13/2010 06:29 PM
VicMac
VicMac  

Twin,

Urinary pain was a big issue for me. Eventually I had a test at the urologist to determine if I had something called Interstitial Cystitis.

This was one test I finally had that showed positive.

I get periods of extreme burning where it feels like I have a bladder infection but there is no sign of infection there on tests.

I.C. is actually a raw area somewhere inside on the bladder wall. Usually when the urine becomes too acidic, it starts irritating it, and feels just like an infection. It can be pretty painful.

I have figured out the foods and things I need to avoid, and drinking more water, in order to keep my urine more alkaline. It is definately more comfortable when the urine is kept more alkaline rather than acidic.

I like the baking soda idea. Had not tried that. Bet it would help.

You may want to ask your urologist to test for I.C.

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved