MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
08/31/2010 06:56 PM

Bactrim Sores versus Oral Thrush

zenducation
zenducation  

I just recently started Bactrim, and one of the side effects (in which you are supposed to stop taking immediately if it occurs, says one LLMD online) are mouth sores.

I have mouth sores now sores now that are not very pronounced to the eye, but they are slightly reddened and found within my mouth.

Iit just so happened that I've been eating a lot more carrots lately and they are high in sugar (although I've read they are an antifungal).

So although my LLMD says that the sores are caused by oral thrust (and I do in fact have a slightly whitened tongue), I am worried that it is not actually thrush, and I may be harming myself with this medication.

My doctor seems a bit reserved about actually acknowledging the dangerous side effects of antibiotics, so that's what worries me.

I am starting Nystatin soon to treat the oral thrush (if that is in fact the problem).

Do you guys think it is Bactrim sores or oral thrush?

08/31/2010 07:18 PM
TaraT
TaraT  
VIP Member

I had a severe and potentially fatal reaction to bactrim in the hospital. I had little bumps inside my mouth but they were not broken at all...

The doc couldn't even see them when I tried to show them to him...They looked like goose bumps but inside my mouth...In the meantime my liver enzymes went way high...Have you had your liver enzymes checked recently?

Watch out for itchiness which is a sign that the liver isn't faring too well....I would just be really careful and watch for other symptoms or progression on the sores in your mouth.

Yeast can make all of your mucus membranes very soft and spongy which makes it so easy to irritate them.

08/31/2010 07:50 PM
Wolfpack
Wolfpack  

Personally, and I'm not a doctor, it sounds like oral thrush IMO.

Cindy

08/31/2010 08:51 PM
VenetiaRay
VenetiaRayPosts: 29

bactrim is an antibiotic sulfa drug, no?

well, the mouth sores they warn you about is thrush. One in the same.

If you really understand what myco toxins are being released from mold, yeast, fungus (all the same really)

they are just as bad in many ways as the neurotoxins being release by our spirokeets and they do indeed go right back into the brain

----------Both Neurotoxins ------

which is what causes almost all of our symptomology

I know Wolfpack takes probiotics but i really cannot see how such a low dose (anything under 60 billion/day) could possible survive if one is taking antibiotics.

I am a colon hydro therapist and have been for over 25 years.

I take VSL-3 which is 450 billion organisms and i can tell you that Dr K's protocol says we should going toward a few of these packets a day.

Another great thing i found really, is Young Living Oils "Theives" Mouthwash

totally safe and kills everything in your mouth

great for water pic also

Fighting the Good Fight

****Against Yeast*****

Venetia Ray[b][u]

08/31/2010 08:52 PM
VenetiaRay

oh, and WOlf pack,

Im owned by a few cats

Can't live without my felines

Purrrrrrrrrr

08/31/2010 09:25 PM
zenducation
zenducation  

Thanks, everyone. Of course if anyone else has any input, let me know.

Where would this itchiness occur?

08/31/2010 10:07 PM
VenetiaRay

where ever the yeast is getting out of control

09/01/2010 02:23 AM
Bettyg

VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

venetia, what is

I am a colon hydro therapist and have been for over 25 years. could you explain more please Smile thx

09/01/2010 08:36 AM
VenetiaRay

Colonics / Detox / Personalized Detox programs

09/02/2010 02:26 AM
Bettyg

VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

venetia, thanks for explaining what that was Smile_

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved