MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
08/23/2010 04:08 PM

IS IT SAFE TO MIX?

wlkthlne
wlkthlne  

I wanted an answer if Doxy would be ok to mix with Bee Pollen.

I found a site, it seems to be good, thought I would share.

It has three boxes to check: Interaction,Interactions Details and Brands below is the link...

http://www.healthchemist.co.nz/learning-centre.html? org=commodore&ContentID=1366004&resource=%2fassets%2fdrug% 2fdoxycycline%2finteractions-drug

Hope this link will become blue so it easy for anyone to use. If not just look up www.healthchemist.com.

I will be honest I did not do a search in MDJ to see what else might be good.

Perhaps to keep this going and updated, some of you may like to add to this to share and see if any new ones come about?

I know I will right away, check any of yours a put it away in my folder so I have future refernce.

All ya guys are the best!Cool

Wlkthlne

08/24/2010 12:55 AM
Bettyg

VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

DRUG INTERACTIONS “Get to Know an Enzyme: CYP3A4John R. Horn, PharmD, FCCP, and Philip D. Hansten, PharmD

Published Online: September 1, 2008 - 12 AM (CDT)

http://www.pharmacytimes.com/issue/pharmacy/2008/2008-09/ 2008-09-8687

check drug interactions or warnings go to www.DrugDigest.com and you can enter any combination you want to see what they recommend. From Patrick 1-21-07

DRUG INTERACTION CHECK .. from Rianna, 2.3.09

Its is difficult to explain without you seeing this on the genelex screen so try and log in to the www.genemedrx.com

http://mhc.daytondcs.com:8080/cgi-bin/ddiD4?ver=4& task=getDrugList

so you can always check your own drug interactions although your LLMD should have known this!!!!

http://flash.lymenet.org/ubb/ultimatebb.php/topic/8/1510

12-07 FROM MINOUCAT: Drug Digest -- on the top, horizontal bar you'll see a button that says "check interactions". But it's not comprehensive.

You can also go to http://Rxlist.com and look up some interactions.

The health library at iHerb.com has some excellent info .

Colorado State University has a general primer on interactions.

And Discovery Health has a drug checker that might help.

Minoucat's comments: When I was in the most pain, I didn't find pain meds to be of much help other than for my headaches (I used migrol, and it did do a lot for the migraine-like headaches I was getting).

The best relief from muscle pain for me was warm baths (vinegar or epsom Welcome; i'm so glad you found us!! You've come to the right place for education and support!

salts seemed to help), saunas (home steam sauna, cheap from EBay) and extremely gentle massage with passive stretching.

I could get relief for up to a day from massage -- fortunately my practitioner was a family friend and charged very little, plus really getting the pain aspect.

If there are any massage schools near you, you might be able to talk a student into taking your son on -- very rewarding experience for both your son and the student.

Nerve pain is harder to deal with, I found. My dad has idiopathic neuropathy, and has found some relief using Capsaicin Cream, although he's still trying to find something that works better.

Post edited by: Bettyg, at: 08/25/2010 01:11 AM

08/24/2010 03:50 PM
wlkthlne
wlkthlne  

You are just the world of information! I checked out each one for user friendly and for throughness.

I used my Doxy as a trial for each site.

I only found the iherb to be most complete.

the others where ok, but had to "beat around the bush" to find my answers.

Can't remember which one it was, but you had to pay 23$ to get an "official" screen of drug interactions.

They let you do a "sample" to see if you liked it, it was pretty good.

bettyg, let me be clear, I am picking things apart for my own folder. Not to be rude to you personally.

LOL, I will probably be 80 years old(hoping) by the time I get my folders done.

What I am tring to do is make up a topic(like drug interactions) and put in what I seem to feel is the best resorces.

So when I do have a quesion I can go right there and investigate.

We will not talk about how long it took for me to figure out how to do these folders the way I wanted.W00t

Hope things have calmed down at the home front for you, had lots of rain here last two days, made me think of ya.

Keep your head above water there girl!

Thanks, Wlkthlne

08/25/2010 01:16 AM
Bettyg

VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

hi doug,

you're not being rude; at least i don't take it that way ok.

glad you checked out the sites; i have just compiled things from 6 yrs. ago to now.

if you feel they would NOT be helpful, yes, please say so...honesty is the best policy!

then i'll delete many from my personal files & try to find where i listed info here so folks aren't sent on a wild goose game NOR HAVE TO PAY MONEY!!

betty; yes we've surived our flooding; i was just reading the statistics our local red cross office had for the amount of meals served, volunteers, clean up kits, how many homes affected, etc for just our city and the next city who got all of our flooded water! uffda ... really bad!

businesses in the flooded areas trying to determine if to close for good, MOVE to higher ground or what! 1 pizza place, happy joe's, gets hit each time and built a 5' flood wall and sandbags where the 2 doors are.

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved