MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
08/18/2010 11:30 AM

on and off doxy - what do you feel?

mawade

Hello,

I have yet to be diagnosed with Lymes, all my blood test have come back negative. I have been on doxy for about a month. After reading about the side affects of doxy I wanted to see if doxy is causing some of the headaches and naseau that I am feeling. I have been off for over 24 hours and I am feeling a lot more neurological issues in my legs and arms (fatigue and burning in my legs). I do have some naseau, but the consentration is harder.

Does anyone have any of these side affects when they go off doxy. What some other tests that I can suggest to my Dr to try to test for lymes? What are some other medicines that people have had success with?

Thanks

08/22/2010 03:14 PM
Bettyg

VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

NO TESTS OR TICK TESTING IS 100% ACCURATE including igenex.

Dr. Bransfield's Reason's for Seronegativity ( the reasons why you can test negative and still have Lyme disease

http://www.mentalhealthandillness.com/ seronegativelymedisease.html

i'll let others advise you on meds; tried them 4-6 yrs. ago.

08/23/2010 05:29 AM
Wolfpack
Wolfpack  

When I was on Doxy, I had terrible headaches and stopped taking it and they went away.

Welcome, by the way, to the group! It sounds like you need to see an LLMD (Lyme Literate MD) who can get your blood checked at IGENEX Labs in CA, and give you drugs specific to your Lyme Panel and Coinfections.

Just being on Doxy for 4 weeks if you have *Chronic* Lyme is not enough.

Good luck,

Cindy

08/23/2010 06:26 AM
mawade

Wolfpack,

Thanks for your help. Yes I know I need to see an LLMD. I live in VA (up by DC). I can only find one that is still seeing patients, and that one does not take insurance.

I know about Igenx and know that I need to send them my samples. I copied all the tests that Igenx says they do on the website and I showed them to one of my many doctors (rhumatologiest, who treats lyme patients) and he said that he did all those tests. Now I am on the Doxy and I heard that you have to be off doxy for two weeks before they test you.

How many times were you tested before you were finally tested positve for Lymes?

thanks

08/23/2010 07:03 PM
zenducation
zenducation  

To answer your last question: twice for me. As for doxy, I've been off of it and all other antibiotics for less than a day (after being on it for two months) due to an allergy, and I feel awful. I had my first panic attack in months, and my pain has increased for sure. It could be due to other factors such as traveling or stress, but it may very well be the lack of antibiotics/doxy.

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved