MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
08/16/2010 04:27 AM

numb tingly hands/pain in shoulder

JANO
JANO  

Hello everyone,

I have not been on here for a while. How is everyone ?

I felt like I was getting better have been on Biaxin and Planquenil for about six months now. For a while now I still have pain on left side under ribs but now new symptom in my left shoulder and tingly numb fingers. I have trouble even lifting my left arm and this never used to be and the tingly numb feeling in my fingers. Its so weird for a lil while I thought I was feeling pretty good and recently pain has begun again. Does anyone usually feel better for a while and have the symptoms come on again strong .I am still taking medication. My LLMD Dr feels like most of my symtoms are on my left because my left side got affected from Lyme disease.

Take Care !

Looking to find out if anyone experiencing same problem feeling better and all of a sudden the pain is here once again

08/16/2010 08:25 AM
VicMac
VicMac  

Hi Jano,

glad you are back.

I have definately had return of symptoms I thought were gone. But often it comes back in another form or other area of my body. It is like the Lyme has some kind of free reign over me and likes to take sight seeing tours of my body. Then there are times it has felt like I was completely cured, only to find out it is still very much there.

Usually I can say that when I let myself become stressed over something ( which is harder to avoid with Lyme present in the brain ) the symptoms flare up within about 2 - 3 weeks ( even though I am still on my full dosage of supplements. This has become a regular pattern I see with it if I get stressed.

It has been good for me to be on guard for stress producers in my life.

If you can slow down and be at peace long enough, try it, and try to be hopeful that the flare up will ease. I know that is hard in this busy world to do!

Blessings!

08/23/2010 06:25 PM
JANO
JANO  

thank u VicMac for ur post. I feel like when I am stressed my pain does become worse but I guess I cant control this too good/lol

My shoulder on left side hurts and I cant lift it or even put my arem behind my back. This I never experienced before. I know I thought my symptoms were gone only to find out they came back again. I called my Dr it has been 6 months on Biaxin and Planquenil and I wanted to see if LLMD wants me to take them longer. Thank u so much and hope all is well!

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved