MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
08/02/2010 09:16 PM

Throbbing pain in my leg...

lovemy2boys

I was wondering if anyone could explain why one day my leg muscles cause my leg to ache which I understand, swollen muscles are gonna ache, but then

the next day it was a completely different pain. It throbbed like a bad ear ache from my thigh to my foot and was intense. Muscles were still hard and

stiff just a different pain. I was curious if this could be a more vascular type of pain. Perhaps the inflamed muscles get in the way of proper flow and

cause pain in that way?? Just a guess but was curious if anyone else ever had the throbbing in a leg.Also I was switched to doxy and its been about a

month of taking that so I was wondering if this could be a die off feeling from my leg. Since I have no idea what a die off would feel like from leg muscles.. Thanks Whistling

Lovemy2boys

08/03/2010 04:22 PM
Bettyg

VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

my thoughts were it's a major herx; don't know.

did you read my link on herxing and the many experiences shared on that thread in my welcome letter to you all?

08/04/2010 10:16 PM
lovemy2boys

thanks betty i was wondering about a herx. I will have to read your post i didnt see that one. Thanks again...Smile

08/05/2010 08:27 AM
kimlovescats
kimlovescats  

OH MY GOSH!!! I am right now having a throbbing pain in my upper right thigh! I kid you NOT! It started late yesterday and continued all through the night and is still throbbing right now!

I in fact just posted about it in someone else's thread about migrating symptoms! It is exactly how I described it as THROBBING! Also, mine feels more vascular than muscular ... I kept thinking maybe I had a vericose vein but don't see anything!!!?

WOW!

Edit to add: I just started on Flagyl on Monday and have been "awaiting" symptoms of a herx.

This isn't terrible pain but sometimes it sure doesn't feel good and it is always annoying ... especially when trying to sleep!

Post edited by: kimlovescats, at: 08/05/2010 08:30 AM

08/05/2010 09:17 PM
lovemy2boys

Exactly how I would describe mine. Kept me from sleeping but not terribly painful. I was curious if anyone could shed any light on what lyme does to us vascular wise. This did feel vascular like my veins were throbbing. It was bizarre so I figured it must be something to do with this bizarre disease. I was also wondering if a co-infection could cause throbbing. Let me know if you find anything.

Lovemy2boys

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved