MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
07/27/2010 03:53 PM

Petechiae Rash

sunshine4ere
sunshine4ere  

I have Petechiae rash and I've heard that it's connected with Lyme. It first showed up on my abdomen and now it's on my leg.

Do you know if it's from the Disease itself or from the treatment.

I also am so itchy, not necessarily just there but everywhere...nothing topical helps. I've been on the IVabx for over 3 months and oral Zithro and have had nothing like this.

My WBC is pretty low, my bp has been very low, liver enzymes are high but they didn't tell me the numbers.

Just wondered what anyone knows about this.

Thanks,

Nancy

07/27/2010 04:13 PM
TaraT
TaraT  
VIP Member

I also have been plagued with low white as well as low red/iron and low bp with Petechiae rash. I've had the rash for YEARS.....it fades a little but my arms are the worst. I have the tiny red blood dots all over my arms and every once in awhile there will be a bigger red spot like a drop of ink that is pretty big compared to the others..

This rash seems to get worse out in the sun. I never connected it to the disease until the last year or so. My BP is now normal with iron treatment. I am still iron deficient but BP is normal.

07/27/2010 04:25 PM
sunshine4ere
sunshine4ere  

Hi Tara,

It's weird isn't it Tara, mine is purple and is dots, some bigger than others. I always thought petechiae hemorrage only happened when someone was strangledErmm , too much CSI!!!

I knew I had seen it mentioned somewhere in the literature but can't seem to find the cause for it.

I read that in some instances it can be dangerous, I don't know how...

Thanks for sharing,

Nancy

07/27/2010 04:33 PM
TaraT
TaraT  
VIP Member

Nancy, I never knew it was dangerous. I thought it was a rash. Real petechiae would mean that there is blood escaping into the subcutaneous layers of skin. I think that's subcutaneous..Not making its way to the surface but just under where it can be seen.

I actually had a bad blood burst in my eye when I was a teen. Couldn't see it at all unless you pulled the lower lid down. While applying my makeup when getting ready for school one morning I noticed it was red...pulled the lower lid down and almost panicked it was so shocking..

It looked like real and wet blood was pooled in my eye but I could not wipe it out...It was in my eye ball and took many days to clear up.

That was with no trauma or accident so I have no idea what is going on vascularly that would cause things like that to happen. My capillaries burst very easy too if I get bumped or scraped..

07/27/2010 04:38 PM
sunshine4ere
sunshine4ere  

Yeah Tara,

I need to do more research on it...I had that in my eye also, only a few months ago...so many weird things since I got sick.

I'm starting to cover with bruising also so I'll be glad when I can get a copy of my numbers. Both my Lyme doc and my gp are away on holidays.

Last week I was pretty weak, my bp was 80/50 and I nearly blacked out a couple of times. It could be the treatment, who knows.

I has helped me to walk though so I don't want to give up just yet.

If you find out more, let me know okay...thanks a bunch,

Nancy

07/27/2010 05:37 PM
burnhym1
burnhym1  

ive had it from alot of crying or throwing up i normally get it on my eyelids sometimes around my face happens alot when im stressed had no idea that it was related to lyme though this is intresting.

07/27/2010 05:40 PM
TaraT
TaraT  
VIP Member

Nancy that is also what my bp was 80/50...and I had tachycardia with it upon moving and at rest....I would just about faint when I stood up going slow too....Couldn't bend over without blacking out and almost falling to the floor...

Sounds like you and I have in common some of the symptoms and effect on our bodies...I remember as a teen I'd black out when standing up too....Like I've said many times I know for a fact that I was infected as a kid...

I experienced worsening symptoms as a teen going through puberty and body changes...it was H*ll FOR SURE......

07/27/2010 06:51 PM
Caldonia
CaldoniaPosts: 143

I had a petechia rash some time in March or April all over my legs. It was purple and red dots, some bigger than others. Some areas on my leg felt warm to the touch. I went to my LLMD and he had no idea what it was. It went away after about two weeks - really had me worried.

07/28/2010 02:01 AM
Bettyg

VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

07/28/2010 04:12 AM
sunshine4ere
sunshine4ere  

Hi Betty,

Wow, I looked at every one of them and it was exactly like the first one.

It's round puple dots, TTP...big name...I have a feeling it may be caused by my IV abx treatment.

Thanks a lot Betts, I don't see my doc until Aug 17th and he's away. My skin is so itchy and I don't mean where the rash is...but my liver can be causing all of this.

I'll have to wait to find out.

Love and hugs,

Nancy

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved