MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
07/27/2010 04:05 AM

MUSCLE TWITCHING driving me crazy

karen1983
karen1983Posts: 39

Hi guys. Does anybody else have constant aggressive muscle twitching. Its driving me mad. The twitches can be anywhere in my body, hands, feet, legs, shoulder blades, back, stomach, i even had one in my ear!

They are sometimes slow and tichten up, other times very fast shudder of the muscle like its being tazered.

Is this a lyme symptom? im not diagnosed yet. I know its not a neurological disease as i have seen 2 neuros and they say no to anything like that going on as i dont have any weakness etc.

I do have other lyme like symptoms, waiting to see LLMD

07/27/2010 09:44 AM
ten1988
ten1988  

Yes, I have a positive blood test. My muscles twitch like crazy, especially in my face under my right eye, and in my legs. It can happen anywhere though, but I have noticed since being on high doses of antibiotics the twitching has diminished by about 70%.

Lyme can be neurological. It can attack any part of your body, some bacteria may attack the joints, some may go to the brain. It is different for everyone but this IS a symptom of lyme.

07/27/2010 11:58 AM
JerseyBug
JerseyBug  

I was diagnosed last year with Lyme and muscle twitching is one of my main symptoms. It really does drive ya crazy, huh? My twitches can sometimes be so bad that they wake me in the middle of the night!

07/27/2010 12:02 PM
karen1983

Thanks. Yeah they drive me crazy. I have my 'oh my god what if its als' moments, but just have to keep remembering what the neurologists said !I get horrible buzzing and crawling sensations in my legs too mostly at night it really is annoying and keeps me awake sometimes !

07/27/2010 12:04 PM
cmal
cmal  

I get some wicked twitches in my left shoulder blade/neck area. Doc said this was a Babesia thing. Have you been tested for that?

07/27/2010 12:06 PM
karen1983

No I haven't been tested by a llmd yet I have an appointment next tuesday... I will ask him about babesia ! My twitching is everywhere. I feel like I have millions of aliens inside me !body has a mind of its own !

07/27/2010 12:27 PM
cmany
cmany  
Group Leader
I'm an Advocate

You can take Organic Apple Cider Vinegar to help with the muscles - dosing is 1-2 tsp + 1 tsp honey or agave in 1/4 cup WARM water 3x's a day...

Also consuming at least a teaspoon of mustard 3 x's a day or a tsp of pickle juice 3x's a day can also help with the muscle twitching...they both have acetic acid - which helps the body to produce acetylcholine which can help with the signals to the muscles...

Also, need to be on a good Magnesium supplement to help with the muscle twitching too...

07/27/2010 12:30 PM
karen1983

Thanks I will try this Smile I do take magnesium but its only one from the supermarket ?maybe the llmd can give me a better one Smile

07/27/2010 06:18 PM
toothfairy55
toothfairy55  

I take magnesium shots weekly. I was doing them myself but I was bruising so badly and actually made my leg numb for several months. I go to llmd and she does them. I can do b 12shots. That needle is little. Magnesium shots hurt and are 22g needle. It does help though

07/28/2010 02:03 AM
Bettyg

VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

i forgot, i get eyes twitching off/on; drives me crazy!

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved