MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
09/24/2008 05:44 PM

My toe joints hurt!!

auntkaytee
auntkaytee  

Anyone out there have toe joint problems? Last night my toes hurt so bad I could hardly walk. Not really the whole toe but mainly the joint where it attaches to my foot. I am having a lot of trouble with my joints lately. Cannot hold a telephone for long because of my elbows. I have to crawl down stairs backwards because of my knees I could go on but you get the idea. Any suggestions for remedies for this joint pain? Any helpful hints would be appreciated.

09/24/2008 10:03 PM
Wolfpack
Wolfpack  

Schiff makes a product called Move Free Advanced which my husband swears by. It's not exactly homeopathic, but it's natural. You could give it a try. I have trouble with my toes in the A.M.

Wolfpack

09/24/2008 10:05 PM
Wolfpack
Wolfpack  

Should have mentioned that they have this product in most food stores in the Vitamin section and Sam's Club, if you have them near you.

Wolfpack

09/25/2008 04:51 AM
Julie4848

Could be the Gout...

09/25/2008 01:18 PM
paulsgirl1204
paulsgirl1204  

i also have toe issues. I just plain have joint issues. It was just my joints, now it's my back. good to know I am not crazy, everyone else in my life (excluding my mom and husband) think I am.

09/26/2008 01:05 AM
tmbro22
tmbro22  

You're not crazy, you have Lyme arthritis! I have Lyme arthritis in my knees and back, and also in the large joint connecting my big toe to my foot! I too have to crawl down the stairs and can't sit or stand in certain positions for very long. You aren't alone!!! I just don't know what to do about it than stay loyal to my IV abx treatment!

09/26/2008 04:10 AM
auntkaytee
auntkaytee  

Thanks for the info.

tmbro22 - What are they putting in you IV? I am getting ready for my 3rd round and 2nd attept at a picc line. Do you have picc or a central line and how is it going for you. Would love to hear about your journey.

Thanks, Auntkaytee

09/26/2008 09:18 AM
tmbro22
tmbro22  

PICC line for me! Thrird time. First was two weeks. Then a four week round, and now they aren't telling me how long it might be. I am on IV Rocephin. I've had it for MANY years, so I am unsure as to how long I may need to be on the treatment. It is affected every organ of my body, so I am guessing I'll probably need to be on it for quite a while. I just hope the insurance holds out!!!

12/17/2008 07:50 AM
auntkaytee
auntkaytee  

tmbro22, how is the lyme arthritis? I have been away from the group for quite a while. I have to give up my IV at the end of the year. I cannot afford to start over again after Jan 1 with deductible and out of pocket expenses. Some days it feels like I am getting worse. I feel like I am losing this battle more and more evey day. The pain meds help, but the mornings are horrible. What do you use for the pain?

auntkaytee

12/17/2008 03:33 PM
jaime1978
jaime1978  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

well, I can't say I've found relief , but joint pain is a huge one for me. I usually take pain meds to try to make it thru the day. It's funny, I used to be miss never take a pill in my life, who ever would have thought I'd have entire cupboard to myself full of meds and supplements, ugh.

If you're going conventional, I do know some people whove found relief with bicillin shots, with many symptoms. I'm considering trying it, but on the fence as of yet. There's still some powerful orals I need to get thru I think. coming off a bad bad bad month on zith, and after the holidays my doc wants to start me very slowly again on the zith because it was definitly doing something...even though I was pretty much catatonic, that's why starting SLOW next time.

as for what people take for pain, Years ago I started with the typical lower types of narcotics, tylenol with codeine, then moved up to vicodin, percocet, etc. Was on oxycontin for a while, and it was the best choice for a while, it was nice because it was time released, although it never lasted as long as they said, it was better than trying to swallow pills every 4-6 hours, I have a horrible gag reflex and hate taking pills.

But then we tried this fentynl patch, I've had nothing but problems with it, from them not sticking, to not absorbing, to absorbing in one day overdosing me, not fun. (one patch is supposed to slowly go into your body over a course of 3 days, so I was getting 3 days of meds in less than 24 hours, not pretty). So now I'm taking vicodin for breakthru pain, and xanax really seems to help. I don't know why, if it's that it helps me to sleep, and being sleep deprived always makes the pain worse, or what, but I've heard a lot of people say xanax has been a miracle drug for them, that for some reason it helps with pain, even though it's a ....ugh, what is it called.... anti anxiety medication...that's it. duh. lol.

I've tried everything natural that I could think of, spent hundreds of dollars in that health food store, but even on a "good" day, and I say that lightly, good means tollerable, my pain levels NEVER get below a 6, and that's on medication.

I used to hate admitting that I take pain meds, but then I realize, look people with high blood pressure take meds for that, people with diabetes take meds for that, I don't have a thyroid and need a med for that, why should someone in pain suffer because of the stigma it carries? inhumane.

some people have also gotten relief with neurontin or lyrica, the newer version of it, but I tried both for several months each, and didn't help me at all.

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved