MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
09/23/2008 08:08 AM

low grade fever w// LYME?

evann

has anyone had low blood pressure and a low grade fever to accompany lyme disease diagnosis?

09/23/2008 11:02 AM
organictexan
organictexan  

I had low blood pressure for quite a few years and it was due to my thyroid. My doctor couldn't even locate a pulse in my leg/foot. It became much better with thyroid meds. I also have chronic EBV and I think that accounted for many of my low grade fevers.

09/23/2008 10:05 PM
Wolfpack
Wolfpack  

Low grade fevers ARE a symptom of Lyme Disease. Look up Dr. Burrascano's Advanced Topice on Lyme Disease, pages 9 and 10. It's there.

Wolfpack

09/23/2008 10:12 PM
fluffyluggage
fluffyluggage  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Low blood pressure is also a symptom. It's also in the list of symptoms by Dr. Burrascano! Smile

09/24/2008 05:10 AM
Julie4848

Also it can be a 10000 other things. I think we sometimes blame every ache and pain we have on lyme (I did) when in fact it could be something else causing it. I would write down everything I felt and each week when I saw my doctor we would go over my list. Some was due to my lyme some was not. Like the cyst I have to have removed on my Kideny is NOT due to lyme...So be careful when new things pop up and let your doctor know when you see him/her.

Julie

11/29/2010 04:01 AM
sandiegolymer
sandiegolymer  

I've had low grade fevers for about 10 months now. My normal temperature is lower than most - about 97.6. When my fevers come on - I range from 99.2 to 100. For some reason, it is always accompanied by a scratchy throat and when I have the fever, i just feel like CRAP! and want to go back to bed!

11/29/2010 04:39 AM
blamom
blamom  
I'm an Advocate

Low grade fever is very common with lyme, mine has averaged about the same as yours for the past 8 years.

11/29/2010 07:26 AM
fabajenna

My average temp is 96.1-96.4 now. When I start feeling feverish, it's usually at 97 or so. After normal testing for years, my thyroid has shown up low. The fact is my temp has been low for years before this. My lyme created mine?

11/29/2010 09:12 AM
VicMac
VicMac  

Lots of posts I can identify with today. My low temp. has baffled me for years. I will feel chilled and feverish, and like I have a full flu, but my temp. either stays the same or goes down! Has frustrated me, because not having the fever has been part of the reason the docs don't take me seriously, nor lots of other people!

11/29/2010 11:25 AM
hopesalive
hopesalive  

I have had low blood pressure my entire life.

The strangest thing, is it drops when I get migraines: usually it will rise due to the pain, but not mine!

The top number during a migraine episode is often "80." Normal top number for me is "90."

My mom has very low blood pressure, so I always thought it was genetics (although, my dad was opposite: very high blood pressure).

As for my temp: I get low grade fever temps in the mornings and evenings, which is strange for me, because I rarely get a fever even when I have flu, strep or other illness.

Lower body temperature, too.

VicMac! I always think my thermometer is broken, lol!

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved