MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
07/09/2010 07:22 PM

Best antibiotic combantion for bartonella/lyme

Madz

Hello, i need the best antibiotic combination with the recomended dose for each.

Ive heard the folllowing drugs are good antibiotics:

Erythromycin

doxycycline

azithromycin (zithromax)

Metronidazole (Flagyl)

Amoxicillin

I need the ones most effective for treaty bartonella and possible lymes thanks. I will be buying them online.

07/09/2010 08:54 PM
zenducation
zenducation  

I've heard rifampin and doxy. That's helped me.

07/09/2010 09:43 PM
Madz

Doxy seems to be the main antibiotic people use then have another one to support it, i guess its better than amoxy in that case.

Ive not heard of rifampin but ill look into it.

Im thinking of a doxy/zithromax/Flagyl combitnation but i need some advise on whether thats a suitable mix and the recomended dosses i should start on.

Im open to take any antibiotic aslong as its strong at killing bartonella and doesnt cause bad side affects.

Thanks.

07/09/2010 10:22 PM
ten1988
ten1988  

I am taking Amoxicillin and Azithromycin, They have been quite effective in my first 5 weeks of treatment so far.

I am feeling 50% better than before, but still have a lot more time before I'm recovered. Azithromycin does fairly well against the Bartonella from what I was told.

07/10/2010 12:30 AM
zenducation
zenducation  

Take a look through this LLMD's blog, you might find some answers: http://lymemd.blogspot.com/

07/10/2010 12:44 AM
magreer
magreer  

Dr J in DC has me on:

Flagyl –

Minocin –

Septra

Omnicef –

Nattokinase –

for my bartonella and lyme. Haven't herxed yet. But I haven't started all of the antibiotics yet. They just got me stabilized. These are the meds I take and it took to get me somewhat more stable:

Prescription-

* Lamictal –

* Lyrica –

* Ativan –

* Vitamin D (once a week)

* Deplin – – C4A levels(toxins)

Supplements-

* Probiotics – 3x a day

* Tocotrienols – 120mg

* Saccharomyces Boulardii

* Alpha Lipoic Acid – 600mg

* Coenzyme Q10 – 600mg

* Calcium – 600mg 3x a day

* Glutamine – 4x a day

* Magnesium Malate – 1250mg 2x a day

* Multivitiman

* N-Acetyl L-Cysteine – 500mg 2x a day

* Omega-3 – 2000mg 2x a day

* Kefir

* Acidophilus

edited: i removed the dosages of your prescription meds since you showed the initials & location of your dr. this is to protect our llmds.

he's already lost his 1st location and business plus fighting to keep his medical license.

bettyg, iowa group leader Smile

Post edited by: Bettyg, at: 07/10/2010 02:16 AM

07/10/2010 04:01 AM
magreer
magreer  

Thank you, Betty! Sorry about that Smile

Post edited by: magreer, at: 07/10/2010 04:02 AM

07/10/2010 04:46 AM
equest

My LLMD currently has me on 500 mg biaxin twice daily and 300 mg rifampin twice daily for bartonella. It apparently works on lyme too as I herx nearly constantly.

He has mentioned switching the biaxin to azithromycin, bactrim or levaquin.

Tons of supplements and epsom salts baths daily.

07/10/2010 02:34 PM
zoemajik
zoemajik  

Scratch erythromycin - it's not indicated in either Lyme or bart.

The best depends. It's different for everyone. If you combine all of us here, we've pretty much tried most of the combinations between us with varying success with each.

Here are some links about common drugs/dosing for Lyme and the co-infections:

Dr. S's "Lyme" antibiotic notes:

http://www.lymebook.com/tetracycline-doxycycline- minocycline-macrolide-ketolide-ketek-cephalosporin- metronidazole-lyme-disease

Dr. S's "co-infection" antibiotic notes:

http://www.lymebook.com/antibiotic-treatment-for-babesia- bartonella-ehrlichia-co-infections

And Dr. B's antibiotic notes from his treatment guidelines. Lyme

antibiotics are one page 18. Co-infections antibiotics are on pages

22-25.

http://www.lymenet.org/BurrGuide200810.pdf

If you'll look at Dr. S's co-infection page, it details which classes of drugs are usually combined with the others. I would start with rifampin w/ doxy, biaxin or something similar to start (and would have if I could've afforded it long term).

I'm doing naturals for my Lyme and bart. Right now Samento and Oil of Oregano.

Please update us, too, on what you and LLMD go for?

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved