MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
09/20/2008 06:49 AM

lymedisease

evann

did anyone start with a headache that was later diagnosed with lyme? I had a headache start the first of july followed by chronic fatigue, dizziness, loss of apppetite, constant low grade fever...

09/20/2008 07:32 AM
Wolfpack
Wolfpack  

There's no telling what symptoms will appear first. Welcome to the board, and could you tell us any more symptoms you've been dealing with? The ones you names are symtpoms of Lyme.

Wolfpack

09/20/2008 07:43 AM
evann

Started with Headache 2.5 months ago. I then noticed vertigo, constant ringing in ear, loss of appetite, i have low blood pressure when standing up from a sitting position, heart palpitations, some back pain and pain around kidney area, and then there is the fatigue. i never noticed a tick on me. do you think i would have felt a bite if this is in fact lyme? could the tick still be there? i have been to about 9 doctors including eye doctor and TMJ evaluation. i am just not sure where to turn next.

09/20/2008 05:36 PM
PegB

Lyme symptoms are similar to a lot of other illnesses, so it's hard to say, but it could be. Certainly no-one on the board can diagnose you, lol. Best advice is to get to a 10th doctor (sheesh, I know, huh?) who is Lyme literate. He/she will probably run tests (hopefully with Igenex), listen to your history, etc., make a clinical diagnosis and go from there.

I don't remember a tick bite, nor the over-hyped bulls-eye rash, either. Lots of people don't. Doesn't mean it didn't getcha, though. (I read ticks like to migrate as high up on the body as possible so they often wind up in your hair/scalp where you might never see/notice them or a rash, if one occurs.)

Find a good doctor, the sooner the better. The longer Lyme is allowed to "fester" the worse it seems to affect people. Good luck and welcome.

09/20/2008 06:48 PM
alagash98
alagash98  

Read my profile. My daughter started out with "just a headache" for almost 9 months. She did have some other symptoms that we didn't know was related. We saw the eye dr. and the dentist and ortho for "tmj" pain. We saw a neuro that said she had "chronic daily headache" and we tried the 3 top meds that he wanted to try. Nothing has helped her and she has had the 24/7 headache for almost a year. WE just got the Igenex Lyme Positive last week and are doing a urine test to confirm right now.

We have also met others who have the same 24/7 headache and they were told it would be the last symptom to go when treatment starts because it was the first to present. Ugh, I hope not.

Igenex is a must, along with a LLMD. We are on our 2nd neuro and he is waiting the lyme results also because they really don't know what is causing it!

Becky

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved