MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
07/01/2010 08:48 PM

lyme pain

vondrew
vondrew  

Does anyone know if the pain from Lyme (Bb) will ever resolve if I get more positive treatments or will I have to be on pain meds indefinately. I am on pain management (several high dose meds for mod to severe pain, both generalized and migratory, shooting, stabbing, etc.). I have had Lyme for many years, but only diagnosed for two. I post quite a bit to you since I have no LLMD here in Texas and can't afford to travel.

07/01/2010 09:38 PM
ten1988
ten1988  

I believe it will go away if you get the right treatment, and I think an LLMD is a must. I recently got a LLMD and man, they are very knowledgeable and know how to treat this disease.

There are a few LLMD's in texas, just not sure where at? Maybe someone will be here to help you with that. Bump this up! ha

07/02/2010 04:09 AM
shorelinelyme
shorelinelymePosts: 1252

There are alternative herbal abx that have worked well for many. Samento and Banderol have helped me tremendously- they are part of Cowden's protocal.

Jackie

07/02/2010 01:54 PM
vondrew
vondrew  

I have been on Samento for over a year, but never tried the Banderol.

07/02/2010 03:39 PM
shorelinelyme
shorelinelymePosts: 1252

There was a post recently with research done combining the samento with the banderol. The two together were more effective than either alone- and were effective against all forms of Lyme. They were more effective than doxy.

I have been on both for 3 weeks with argentyn 23 and am feeling MUCH better. Before this, I have been on abx for 15 months. (I am still on Mino and Zithro)

You can look at the study- it was posted a couple of times on this site.

Jackie

07/02/2010 09:14 PM
ten1988
ten1988  

I started Samento and Banderol yesterday about 10 drops twice per day. Lets see what happens...

07/02/2010 09:30 PM
cmany
cmany  
Group Leader
I'm an Advocate

The pain can go away...

I used to be on Morphine 150 mgs every 12 hrs is where I topped out plus Lorcet 10's for break through pain - which was usually 2-4 a day...plus anti-inflammatants and muscle relaxers...and anti-depressants...

Now - I take generic elavil - 25 mgs a day - 2 aleve & 2 excedrine 2x's a day - usually only once unless i really need it in the afternoon...and occasionally a Lortab - not even once a week on that tho...

So yes, with the right treatment - path - the pain can subside...

07/02/2010 11:15 PM
Bettyg

VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

check your private messages for TEXAS LLMDS; you're losing a good one in n. texas who is retiring vs. fighting texas health dept. what a huge shame!

07/03/2010 02:36 PM
vondrew
vondrew  

Good to know all these things.

I am in Austin, TX and just have no LLMD anywhere around and can't afford travel.

I am actually to a point I am to be going into a nursing home (temp a few months via Medicaid) next week and will likely get no Lyme care at all. My body has just about shut down.

I tried months of doxy and tetra, had initial 30 days IV Rocephin, but not able to get any doc to continue them.

Been on Samento for several months but not seeing much improvement if any.

I'm actually thinking about going to Mexico and loading up on mino (never tried it), getting the Banderol, and anything else you experienced ones recommend. It's a shame you have to try and treat yourself!

Just wanted you guys to know I would probably be dead if it were not for several of you. This site has been my survival guide.

Thanks!

EDITED; broke it up so i could read plus other neuros since this is a new member Smile

Post edited by: Bettyg, at: 07/03/2010 09:19 PM

07/03/2010 02:49 PM
TaraT
TaraT  
VIP Member

Wow thats a heavy statement to read...How sobering....To know that our posts have helped someone that deeply. I don't know about Mexico...geeez you might get shot with all of that drug cartel murdering stuff going on down there. Why going into a nursing home? Is it the fatigue that keeps you from caring for yourself? If so, you may need adrenal support.

Cmany, one of our group leaders just brought the product "maca" to the table for adrenal support. I went out and bought some and am going to start it regularly today. I bought two products but wanted to try one for a few days to make sure I didn't have adverse reactions and also to see if I could tell if it was helping right away.

So going to work in the maca now...I sure hope it boosts my energy. If it works, then I'll surely let ya know. It was very inexpensive too.

I apologize about my spacing. It's posting all together but I am spacing them with my spacebar.

My two year old has been banging on my computer and now I can't hit "return" for spacing.

Post edited by: TaraT, at: 07/03/2010 02:51 PM

tara, i edited some more; will see if this helps or not. i know you do NOT post continuous. Smile hugs Cool

Post edited by: Bettyg, at: 07/03/2010 09:27 PM

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved