MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
07/01/2010 09:32 AM

What does brain fog feel like?

suwei
suweiPosts: 204

I have derealization for a long time and just found my my test back positive recently.

I always feel there is a gap between me and this world and I also see my face strange in the mirror.

Don't know is the feeling kinds of like brain fog?

I have been sick for 2 years,I really miss myself before getting sick..will I ever really back to my old self....sign..

Sad

07/01/2010 10:27 AM
ten1988
ten1988  

I used to suffer with derealization before I even got lyme, I had anxiety and it caused the derealization it is like the bodys defense mechanism.

The only way I beat it was to get out and start doing stuff, and stop thinking about it so much. I stopped getting on the internet to read about it, and tried to keep me mind occupied and just have fun.

It worked, the derealization slowly slipped away and I havent had it since. It is a scary feeling though!. As for brain fog, from my perspective it is more similar to "depersonalization" where things feel "dream-like" to me, derealization is more an unreality of the outside world.

Post edited by: ten1988, at: 07/01/2010 10:28 AM

07/01/2010 11:05 AM
cmany
cmany  
Group Leader
I'm an Advocate

Brain fog for me - let's see - how to describe it...

Kinda like still being half asleep...you are not sharp, your reactions mentally are slowed - feeling like you are stuck in a perpetual DUH all the time...

Things take longer to register...so in conversation with someone there are gaps while your brain tries to process...and you sit with a stupid look on your face...even when facing yourself in the mirror...

For me its like a heaviness in my head - not pressure - just heavy - kinda like real heavy humidity - where your entire body literally feels like its in a fog...

LOL - humidity on the brain...

07/01/2010 02:54 PM
meredithhny
meredithhnyPosts: 37

ive had brain fog forever and i say its what gets to me most..its like being disconnected form reality, alice in wonderland, stoned, hungover, a bad acid trip...never necver land, being in a big bubble...its the worst! i hace a spect scan of my brain and it was abnormal decreased blood flow, i wonder if thats why i have it..it would totally make sense, that light headed feeling!!

07/01/2010 03:58 PM
AshMcD
AshMcD  

Cmany-hahaha I most certainly feel that "humidity on the brain!" Brain fog for me is very similar. I feel like I am in a dream, slow thinking/reactions/responses, and things look fuzzy to me. I feel a

disconnect between my mind and body. Ten1988-I most certainly agree that it is so important to go and do things that take our minds off of the lyme reality that we all live in. : )

07/01/2010 05:30 PM
blueyes7648

I feel exactly like all of your responses, plus it kind of feels like my head is full of cotton balls, just blah and numb, it is the worst of it for me, not mentally being my sharp, witty self. Does that get better??????

07/02/2010 09:41 AM
Paschalltwin
Paschalltwin  

Things take longer to register...so in conversation with someone there are gaps while your brain tries to process...and you sit with a stupid look on your face...even when facing yourself in the mirror...

Yes! That is me! My co-workers must think I am nuts.

07/02/2010 09:33 PM
cmany
cmany  
Group Leader
I'm an Advocate

It can get better - what I have been using that has helped me is Schisandra - you can get it in pill form or in a tincture (tastes pretty good too) and it has really helped me a ton...

07/02/2010 10:08 PM
Toothfairy
Toothfairy  

For me it usually looks as if I am walking through a foggy cloud - literally, and my brain and body feel weightless and I have no idea really what is going on. I am aware, but thoughts are somewhat delayed, and I am somewhat in a different world.

Meredith - A bad acid trip, stoned, never never land - I know exactly what you're talking about.

07/02/2010 10:27 PM
waxby
waxbyPosts: 4818
VIP Member

~~~I read about that somewhere.........

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved