MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
09/08/2008 04:46 PM

neck/throat

Gregory

Wondering if anyone else is or has experienced this: for about 6 mos. I have experienced numbness/feels like skin tightening on one side of my neck, face & throat. It doesn't hurt to swallow or touch, and it's not"classic" Bell's--my face isn't drooping. This feeling is always present, but gets gets worse about every 4th week(herxing?) I'm presently on Levaquin, seems no matter what med I'm on, symptoms are still there. My doc knows this& isn't especially concerned, but I was just curious if anyone else has ever exprienced this.?.

09/08/2008 06:06 PM
ConnieD
ConnieD  

Sorry Gregory, that's one symptoms I'm not familiar with. My neck was sore , stiff, and tender, but not the way you describe. EVeryone is different. I can't comment on the levaquin,either.

I'm sure someone will come along that can offer some insight.

Are you seeing an LLMD?

09/08/2008 06:46 PM
alyssao
alyssao  

Hi Gregory,

I think I've been having something similar although I haven't noticed a regularity in it's coming and goings. It feels like a numbness and it always seems to be there. I don't know what do do about it, but I guess we keep plodding on with our treatments and know that it will eventually? Ok, hope it goes away eventually. It's kind of annoying huh!

09/08/2008 08:09 PM
Gregory

its very annoying i see my llmd the 15th ill mention it to him again he believes its part of neuro i hate it thanks connie and alyssao ill let you know what he says greg

09/10/2008 08:53 AM
krsse
krsse  

I have the same thing, my left side of my face goes numb, then my neck and throat. It goes away and comes back with no real rhyme or reason. The one side of my mouth won't smile all the way when this happens but nothing really droops on my face. I wish the numbness would continue around to the back of my neck where the pain in constant. I don't know what is causing it, it seemed to go away when I was on the doxy but I wasn't on it long enough for permanent help. Funny I started Mepron, Artemisinin, and Cats Claw Monday and today it these feelings are really bad. Hoping it goes away soon it is very annoying and distracting. Good Luck let me know if you find anything about it.

09/10/2008 12:50 PM
Gregory

thats it exactly i see my llmd mon ill let you know thanx

09/23/2008 12:29 PM
Gregory

saw my doc did xray mri scoped throat blood test also rechecked for co infection all were fine chocked it up to lyme greg

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved