MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
05/20/2010 03:49 PM

Initial infection symptoms other people have had?

someone123459

I was just wondering what kind of symptoms some of the other people on this board got when they were initially infected with Lyme?

I still haven't been diagnosed yet, but my problems started after I was hospitalized for pericarditis with a mild fever (100F or 101F something like that). I was having chest pain that got worse if I lied down.

The doctors told me they thought it was a viral infection (no tests were done) but I'm thinking now that it was Lyme.

05/20/2010 04:05 PM
someone123459

Forgot to mention I was in, for I think, 3 days, and they did give me antibiotics which no doubt helped me recover faster.

I started having more subtle problems about a month or two later.

05/20/2010 06:02 PM
Jennkat03
Jennkat03  

Hey someone. I was really sick with what I would call super strong flu symptoms...I ached all over, had a horrible headache, threw up constantly, felt exhausted, pretty much symptoms of the flu.

Then I ended up adding more and more symptoms as time went on....

I would go to an LLMD and get checked out!

05/21/2010 12:52 AM
Bettyg

VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

someone, the easiest way to answer your question, read the SYMPTOMS LIST for lyme and other diseases; this is what each of us has faced; NOT all but majority of them. it's in my welcome letter to you and lyme facts and/or treatments/medical.

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved