MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
05/20/2010 10:30 AM

Bitten Again

zoemajik
zoemajik  

Angry

I removed a tick last night under my right arm, around my bra line.

The last time I was outside was on Sunday, and I was wearing long pants (and repellent!!).

I checked when I came inside, and didn't find any! Have no clue where this sucker came from.

It was not a deer tick, but the area is quite inflamed. There is a quarter-sized red circle around it , and a bump in the middle that looks like a boil (it's not).

I've never had a reaction like that from a tick bite - that I know of. I'm sure there have been ones in the past that I didn't notice, maybe nymphs... you know, whichever one gave me this crap in the first place.

We can't afford to spray our yard. I wish we could!

Feel like I'm butting my head against the wall. I've come so far to get bitten again. And summer hasn't even started.

Time to start reading again and see which ticks are known to carry which bugs.

My stint on Flagyl is over just in time. Switching back to going after active bacteria, and continuing bart treatment.

Keeping a close eye on the bite-site and any changes in symptoms.

<sigh> Tongue Tongue

05/20/2010 10:50 AM
Tennesseemom7
Tennesseemom7  

Oh man Valeria, that stinks!!! Hopefully it wasn't a sick tick and your on meds so it should take care of it.

I am so tick phobic...I had all my trees removed and I keep the insecticide on the grass, I even overlap it by a month...Lemon eucalyptus on all of us before we go out....Advantix on the dog...If I can figure out a way to do more I will...LOL Oh ya we're working on the Damminix tick tubes too.

Those darn little bugs are so tiny you don't see them and you can feel them....CREEPY!!

05/20/2010 10:58 AM
Julie4848

I am so sorry to hear this.....Stay calm if you can...Maybe call the dr and let him know.

Hugs

J

05/20/2010 11:16 AM
cmany
cmany  
Group Leader
I'm an Advocate

Be sure to take a photo of the bite site too - for future needs...

But yea, if you are done with Flagyl and going back on regular meds - ask the doc to hit it a bit harder...

Remember - doesnt have to be carrying Bb - ANYTHING it could be carrying could hinder your progress...

Hang in there - and certainly let that doc know...

05/20/2010 11:31 AM
burnhym1
burnhym1  

lol wow i just found a tick on my sock while i was throwing up in the toilet cuz of lyme, so i know how it feels. ur suffering through it and they just keep popping up!

people are like "its just a tick" but they dont understand i feel the way i do right now because of a tick. hang in there and id make sure u dont contract any co-infections.

05/20/2010 12:56 PM
zoemajik
zoemajik  

Thanks, guys ((hugs))

>>Remember - doesnt have to be carrying Bb - ANYTHING it could be carrying could hinder your progress...>>

I know; that's what is bothering me the most.

It looks to be a male lone-star. Very round looking and light red brown, looks just like the female, only smaller and no spot.

We can't afford an LLMD appointment now - not even a phone consult, which is how I got my most recent round of abx. I got lucky on that one; LLMD knows how strapped we've been.

I do have sample packs of some tetracycline here which I never used, and about 2 weeks of zithro. I don't want to use these unless I have to.

I can't take prophylactic abx every time I get bitten this summer, you know? Hell, I could find another one on me tomorrow.

Have Samento, Oil of Oregano, and Barberry unopened, too. Was saving those for a rainy day. I guess my rainy day is here!

I will definitely have hubby take pictures tonight. I'll document as much as possible. Could be nothing, but don't want to shrug it off.

DH and I are going to have to be super vigilant in our yard and with the tick checks. We'll just have to start checking daily, even me every day, even if I don't go outside. Apparently.

I don't want to be tick-phobic. I was SO happy that I was feeling good enough to go outside. I don't want to be afraid to go back out there.

Brenda, I have lemon and eucalyptus essential oils. Maybe I should dilute them and make my own spray? I guess it would be better than nothing.

Byrn, sorry you're sick, and to find another one on you in the middle of that! I know - they're not just ticks to us!

05/20/2010 02:39 PM
cmany
cmany  
Group Leader
I'm an Advocate

Just remember Lone Star carries Stari or Masters - which is just another Borellia infection - however - that strain doesn't appear to become as virulent as Bb does...

I would say start out on a low dosing of the OO and Samento - nothing too much...OO will do your body good anyway...will help that immune system...

05/21/2010 12:58 AM
Bettyg

VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

hugs valerie hugs dog gone it; why can you/others get a relief from what's been going on.

yes, call your dr., and when taking photos, make sure today's dated newspaper is prominent in there using a coin or $1 bil to show size, etc.

will be praying for you valerie, good night; can't stay away any longer. hugs/kisses

05/21/2010 09:29 AM
zoemajik
zoemajik  

Thanks, guys Smile I really appreciate your input, thoughts, prayers.

By the time DH got home yesterday to help me with the picture, lump was gone and no longer red. Now I can't even tell where the bite was!

I started Samento yesterday. Will add in the OO in a few days. It's been awhile since I've taken Samento - don't know what my body will do with it this time! And the OO will be a brand new experience. W00t

Thanks again ((hugs))

05/21/2010 09:41 AM
zoemajik
zoemajik  

My original plan was to wait until next month to see what we could afford for Lyme/bart treatment combined. Now I guess the new plan is to stay on the herbals I have for the summer, and see what my body does with those.

And see what our $$ situation does. Our county's unemployment rate is the highest in the state - still looking for part-time work. I'd love to do something at home, but haven't found a legitimate avenue for that yet.

Oh, well. I have to live in the moment. We're adding some plants to our first garden this afternoon, so I will try to enjoy that and not dwell on worries.

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved