MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
05/20/2010 05:38 AM

chlorella and spirulina

meluveitie
meluveitiePosts: 61

Does anyone know if some reliable places (online or in store) you can get fresh chlorella and spirulina? Is this something Whole Foods would be good for?

05/20/2010 02:42 PM
cmany
cmany  
Group Leader
I'm an Advocate

I get the majority of my products from www.vitacost.com - they have really good prices, cheap shipping, and they carry many of the better brands...

You may also want to look into adding Maca to this mix - as it is another superfood - and is very good for repairing the Adrenal glands - which are taxed with this illness...

You can put it all into one big shake - and do the body good...

05/21/2010 05:35 AM
meluveitie

cmany,

thanks for the info. I was reading up on jamie's detox drink too.. with the lemon and water. Would it be okay to mix all these together into one drink?

05/21/2010 05:37 AM
meluveitie

Also, would you recommend capsules or a powder for a drink? I see mostly capsule forms for chlorella/spirulina.

05/21/2010 06:46 AM
lindaca

Mel, I wouldn't mix greens or maca in with the lemon drink, it has a different purpose.

You can mix your green powder, maca, vit C powder in the same drink though. Just don't take maca at night, it often gives an energy boost. And work up to it, start with 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon and see how you tolerate it. It's kinda funky tasting, some like it, some don't, but blending it in the green drink is fine. I dump everything into a water bottle in the morning and drink it while my IV is running.

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved