MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
05/16/2010 09:50 AM

pinella

blueyes7648

I have heard about pinella for brain fog, it isn't going to cause a herx is it???

05/16/2010 01:53 PM
Bettyg

VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

hi bridget, frankly, everything causes herxes from what i've read of other folks posting things.

is that spelled right?

i went to nih's medical library; it is NOT shown there but found this if it's the correct spelling; check it out.

http://vsearch.nlm.nih.gov/vivisimo/cgi-bin/query-meta?v% 3aproject=medlineplus&v%3asources=medlineplus-bundle& query=pineal&

05/16/2010 07:49 PM
blueyes7648

Betty, pinella is the spelling, and I found some stuff on it,it helps with the brain fog I guess...

05/16/2010 09:46 PM
KristenM

I just started on it last week.

I actually don't think it's going to cause a herx because it doesn't do anything to any critters. It works on the nerves in the brain.

05/16/2010 11:26 PM
Bettyg

VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

rather surprising NIH doesn't have it listed in its medical library; thanks for saying how it is used, etc.

best of luck w/it ... hugs

05/17/2010 11:12 AM
KristenM

Nutramedix is the only company that carries the tincture as far as I know.

It's made from Pinella Bark Extract (Pimpinela anisum) and has had good results with Lyme, Alzheimers and Autism from what I've read.

My ND just started all of her Lyme patients on I after I brought her some information on it.

Hoping it will help with the brain stuff!!

05/17/2010 02:40 PM
zoemajik
zoemajik  

>>Nutramedix is the only company that carries the tincture as far as I know.>>

I think so. I've looked and can't find another brand.

I've never taken Pinella, but I have used anise essential oil (not internally) and anise extract.

One of the former leaders here took Pinella with other Nutramedix products, supplements, and homeopathy, and she is now in remission.

Good luck with it! Smile

11/06/2010 09:00 PM
Jensen16

Can anyone tell me how they did on Pinella? Did anyone try Burbur? Did any of it work?

If yes, what other antibiotics and meds were you also taking?

How did you take the Pinella and/or Burbur? In food? In water?

We had tried an artemesia tincture we got from a Whole Foods store and it about did us in. I took it with my child to see what she was taking. The taste was horrible and it gave us both stomach aches. We didn't take it again.

The artemisin tablets (Allergy Research Group) were easier to take. They didn't make me feel bad, but my kid got sicker while taking it. We thought it was a herx, her babesia symptoms got worse and her other symptoms, headache, hyperacusis, tinnitus got worse also. llmd said a herx should not have lasted 7 weeks. She may have been having a bad reaction to the arte.

My child recently seems to have relapsed. A suggestion was to take Pinella and Burbur. I tried looking them up, but haven't found much info on them yet.

Thanks in advance for any info, guidance, recommendations, wisdom.

11/06/2010 10:39 PM
lindaca

Pinella and Burbur are for detox, not for bug kill. However, there can be herxes as toxins are pulled out of the tissues.

Herxes can last a long time for some people, not everyone has clear enough detox pathways to remove all of the bad stuff out of their systems, so they seem to herx forever. Treating babesia can also bring out bartonella symptoms as well.

All Nutramedix liquid tinctures are to be taken in a small amount of water. Put the recommended drops in water and let it sit a minute or two before drinking, this is supposed to let the alcohol evaporate.

11/12/2010 01:06 PM
Jensen16

Thank you!

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved