MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
03/28/2010 09:01 AM

Body parts falling asleep

justinIShere

Hello,

Does anyone else have various body parts falling asleep,especially hands, from the slightest pressure?

If so what do you do to help?

How could Lyme or it's various co infections be responsable?

Thanks

Justin

ps. I'm sure this has probly been in another post, I just couldn't find one.

03/28/2010 09:48 AM
kelcan
kelcanPosts: 95

Hi, I just started my abx treatment for lyme and my arms and legs are also falling asleep from slight pressure.

I have noticed others on here talking about numbness and tingling so it does seem like a symptom of lime.

I typed "numbness tingling lyme" in the search field and found a bunch of posts.

http://www.mdjunction.com/forums/lyme-disease-support- forums/general-support/391132-help-arms-and-legs-numb-after- starting-antibiotics

I didnt read through all of them but the third comment on the post above had some info and other links in it.

03/28/2010 09:54 AM
justinIShere

Thanks. Never thought to just type it in the search box.

03/28/2010 01:50 PM
whipcrack

~~Please note: I do not have Igenex test confirmed lyme

~~After I had a flu-like episode in January, I had arm weakness and normally sleep on my stoach and on my arm. When I slept on my arm it would fall asleep within a few minutes. This was when I knew something was not right.

~~I am not sleeping on my back most of the time and sleeping ok. if I do get my arm involved it won't go to sleep as easily now, but on vitamins and such; still doesn't feel right

03/28/2010 02:58 PM
justinIShere

Sound very simar to me. Also my hands fall asleep while laying on my back reading a book or searching the

Internet on my iPod and won't go away unless I Stand up wich then takes about 5 min to subside.That is what first concerned me!

03/28/2010 03:18 PM
Bettyg

VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

we get alot of neuropathy especially those of us with diabetes 1 & 2.

yes, use the search, upper right; really handy especially at the ODD hours when no one or few are on the board. Smile

03/28/2010 03:19 PM
shorelinelyme
shorelinelymePosts: 1252

This is a DEFINITE symptom of Lyme. It seems to happen whenever I change abx. It happened initially on Doxy and then went away- and it's back a bit now that I'm on Zith & Plaquenil. It must be some type of irritation of the nerves...

It does get better...don't worry about it!

Jackie

03/30/2010 06:24 AM
sgov

I'm taking Alpha Lipoic Acid. In fact, I asked my doc about it after reading it being recommended by someone on this forum - what an amazing group of people. It has helped me to some extent. Numbness has nto gone away completely but so much better. ONly been taking it for a month now so I'm hoping that with time it'll all get better.

03/30/2010 01:01 PM
Neoplus
Neoplus  

Wait, this could be a symptom? After I started feeling sick parts of my body would very easily fall asleep and take a lot of time to come out of it. I didn't think anything of it.

03/30/2010 01:18 PM
TaraT
TaraT  
VIP Member

I would say yes also. I too do not have "confirmed" lyme or co infections but have most of the symptoms since I was a child.

I could never sit on the floor indian style due to legs and feet falling asleep. I actually sprained my ankle one time when I was a kid when I stood up with a completely numb leg/foot. It blew up like a baloon in front of my eyes after I stood on my ankle sideways due to numbness..

I didn't feel the pain until later when all the feeling came back. I still have the same problems when sitting on the commode or hard chair just after a few minutes.

My hands and arms fall asleep easily when I'm sleeping as well as riding in a car if I have my arm extending or holding something firmly...as firmly as I can anyway.

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved