MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
03/28/2010 06:15 AM

Liver lesions?

Careyj

I had to have my gallbladder out on Friday. The surgion gave me pics ofsome other issues going on inside of me.

One of them was multiple lesions on my liver. could this be caused by the lyme. I know it can cause brain lesions but not sure about other organs.

Also, I have a cyst on my ovary that is larger than the ovary. never had cyst issues before could this be related also?

I know everyone is not doctors just curious if anyone else has any info or has similiar issues or if they have heard of it.

sorry for typos, heads a little foggy today.

carey

ps yall have been a godsend when it comes to trying to get info out there!

03/28/2010 07:19 AM
Julie4848

Cysts are very common on that area. I just had TWO hugh cysts removed from Kidney and Gland, found out the other day that my spleen is very inlarged (still)....I would not worry much about the cysts, I had many removed from that area until I had my total Hyts years ago.

Liver I would see a GI Dr. regarding that he can explain more to you...

03/28/2010 08:20 AM
smoxito
smoxitoPosts: 512

You may have had ovarian cysts before and been unaware of their existence.

Liver lesions can be caused by many different things, most commonly they are benign. Infection can cause liver lesions. It has been seen in Mono/EBV. Birth Control Pills can cause lesions as well.

As Julie said, see a GI Doc about the liver lesions.

03/28/2010 11:39 AM
Careyj

Thanks everyone, I wasnt as worried about the cyst as I was the lesions......

Ithink I will find a GI doc

03/28/2010 12:06 PM
toothfairy55
toothfairy55  

I had spots on my liver as well.No one recommended doing anything. Had a new scan done and they are not there.

09/23/2012 01:40 PM
btice
btice  

So... looks like lyme is taking over again.... I had gastric bypass back in May 2011 [really gained the weight on Lyme medications.... now I have kidneys full of stones, one 4mm is trying to get out... the others are too big to pass on my own [as if the 4mm is easy... but they say I can do it] .... and now the CT Scan showed a 1.7 cm probable cyst left lobe of liver... Then I read liver and lyme go together.... glad I tell the doctors that I have lyme in remission.... that should help them diagnose and treat right?

10/28/2012 02:15 PM
btice
btice  

Just an update.... now I have to have another CT scan, my liver numbers are bad.... ATL or ALT or whatever is like 170 and should be like 40

Arthritis is kicking my butt now.... I wake up crying in the night because of pain in my left leg... can't take nsaids because of the gastric bypass so the doc just gave me a prescriptio for an nsaid patch to put on my hip... I hope it works....

Hurricane Sandy is coming in with Low pressure and experience tells me I'm going to hurt...

10/28/2012 03:23 PM
neska

milk thistle is very good to support the liver.

when i found this out, a friend of mine told me she takes it as part of her supplement.

she does not have lyme disease. but she said knows this works because her numbers really improved.

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved