MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
03/24/2010 08:26 AM

Head pressure increase when laying down at night?

Len77

Anyone experience this? It does not matter how I lay, I feel all the pressure go to the back of my head...

03/24/2010 08:50 AM
smoxito
smoxitoPosts: 512

I'm assuming you've had an MRI that checked out fine. Other than that, it is likely a symptom of the infection.

If you have a fever over 101 with this, it could be Lyme meningitis, so I would advise calling a physician right away if this occurs. Usually there will be a severe headache with the fever if this was the case.

Ask your physician about it at the next appt. He/she may have some additional insight based on your symptoms and disease progression before treatment.

I had this from time to time as well.

Post edited by: smoxito, at: 03/24/2010 08:50 AM

03/24/2010 09:15 AM
Len77

No fever and MRI checked out two years ago, may get another one just in case...do you find your symptoms constantly changing?

03/24/2010 09:32 AM
smoxito
smoxitoPosts: 512

Yes, symptoms come and go seemingly at random. I have had a lot of improvement since I started treatment so it does get better.

03/24/2010 09:47 AM
wlkthlne
wlkthlne  

First, I notice you said "head pressure" not headache or migrane. With the Lyme I have had head pressure but mine did not seem to go to the back of the head when I lay down. We are all different though.

I have had mine for two years. I just found what it was. As long as I do not have any dairy products it stays away. I found cottage cheese with whey makes it the worst. I was taking yogart to help me because of the antibotics. But that was a no-no, so I find out. The milk and the sugar in the yogart, no good. I have also found salt or something in the corn chips to do it. If it is sea salt I have no problems??? I have found Apple Cider Viniger and Honey with water as a warm tea to help with the "light pressure" Note: I am not on any antibotics. When I was the Honey did not go well. I ate oatmeal for a week for all three meals, then I tested things I ate to see what would happen, both on antibotics and off. NO cafene or acohol what so ever! I have learned we all are so different, we must study our own bodies. My heart goes out to you,those head pressures are awful,Good luck to you.

03/24/2010 10:28 AM
Jennkat03
Jennkat03  

I have unrelenting head pressure and pain. Like my head is going to blow up! My llmd put me on acetazolamid. It is a med that relieves pressure in the brain.

It has really helped me. I still have the headaches but the pressure is almost gone. I can tell if I forget a dose of the med though because the pressure comes back immediatly!!

My LLMD said that a lot of lymies have high brain pressure due to the infection.

03/24/2010 10:42 AM
Len77

Thanks, Is anyones head tender to the touch as well?

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved