MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
03/15/2010 04:34 PM

pain on left side after I eat food

JANO
JANO  

this pain I have been having always after I eat. Does anyone else have this problem. It had been with me for so long under my ribs that radiates to lower stomach. This is probably related to my Lyme disease. Just trying to see when the pain is really there the most and its after eating. Looking to see if anyone else has this problem. I am on Biaxin and Planquenil 10th day. I ad gotten my g/b out in 2007 and had the pain ever since . It feels like it pulls tight and it burns and aches . I feel so uncomfortable all the time. i am now eating smart one meals from Weight Watchers . Its not only from this its from everything I eat.

Looking to see if anyone else has this problems its annoying me .

03/15/2010 08:20 PM
TaraT
TaraT  
VIP Member

Hi JANO..now I'm no expert by any means...but I had similar pain after eating. I put myself on milk thistle because my pain was on the right side where the liver is.

It turned out that I had some pretty big liver stones that I passed and also three pretty good size tape worms. It's important to make sure there isn't anything living in your gut that would cause that pain like a tapeworm would...

When you eat IT EATS...I only bring it up because my doctor told me that it was WAY more common than people would like to think. A simple few days on a particular med and I'm feeling SO much better...

I'd say my EXTREME (bedridden) fatigue lifted by maybe 30%?? Anyway, I'm not "healed" but I do feel so much better and that terrible pain in my gut isn't there anymore.

03/16/2010 12:16 PM
cmany
cmany  
Group Leader
I'm an Advocate

Certainly look into that...no one wants to have that...

But if its not that...it could be related to the ribs - and where they connect with the sternum...essentially Costocondritis...

Costo is actually becoming more common - tends to be one side of the ribs - and can make you miserable. Some have it mild to moderate - others feel like they are having a heart attack...

Symptomatically, I have both Costo and Teitze's - which is similar to costo...

Costo tends to be a problem with 3-4 ribs - lots of pain and tightness - loss of breath, numbness...NO swelling..

Teitze's tends to be 1 rib (most likely a nerve for some) that causes intense pain and can cause extreme swelling...

I actually started with Teitze's - then is settled down into costo - and eating can trigger them...a piece of bologna landed me in the hospital once - with my left breast swelled 3x's its normal size...

Stress (yelling) kicks up my costo - and then - if the kids just really dont give a damn how sick I am feeling - and I have to keep chasing and yelling at them to do as they are told - then it triggers the teitze's...Nice huh...

But check into the liver issues and parasites first...typically costo dx is what docs land on when they cant figure anything else out - NOTHING we arent used to....

03/16/2010 02:40 PM
JANO
JANO  

hi Cmany

is this related to Lyme or is this another issue I have.LOL

I have had many xrays but nothing shows. What kind of test do they do for the ribs and whta u mentioned. It is very painful and I am on meds now would that take care of it. i am a lil confused on why this pain is so bad its under the rib and lower in the stomach I cant really say it radiates. Please let me know what u think I appreciate it. What should I ask for from the DR. Three yrs after g/b surgery and the pain is still there its tricky on where it is

thanks so much

03/16/2010 03:39 PM
Julie4848

I would see a GI doctor sounds like tummy problems. I have the same issue for years...I do take a PPI which helps a lot...But I would see a GI Dr.

03/17/2010 06:12 PM
JANO
JANO  

I have seen a GI Dr and had a endoscopy and colonoscopy and they did a biopsy and it was negative . Why am I having all this pain and I am thinking its Lyme but I really dont feel it is anymore. The pain is killing me after I eat something. I am so frustrated feeling pain all the time. I just went to my LLMD first time and he gave me meds to take for my Lyme. I am a lil confused on what is causing it . Does Lyme affect people in there stomach area . I had g/b surgery 2007 and the pain has not stopped. I just want to feel good and I cant . Been to so many doctors everywhere. I am taking acid reflex medicine for yr no more heartburn but my left side is non stop. I really am getting upset that i have to walk around in so much pain . I just want some answers and I cant get them from the docs. I wish thank u for your advice .

take care Smile

03/18/2010 01:56 PM
cmany
cmany  
Group Leader
I'm an Advocate

Hey

Docs really do not know what causes costo - and often use it as a last resort dx - but it is not uncommon with Lyme...myself, my oldest daughter, mom and one sister all have it...

I would venture to say - that if nothing else is coming up - it could be costo...some docs just dont know to dx it...

03/18/2010 02:54 PM
krispv
krispv  

Thanks for posting about Costocondritis.

I went to my primary doctor on Tuesday for what I thought was a lung puncture. She thinks it's a really bad pulled muscle.

I was very sick with what I called the "bronchial plague" for over two weeks in January. This horrible pain invaded in the second week.

Now, I'm positive that this is what it is. I'll just file it with the rest of the pains.

Thanks for posting about it.

03/18/2010 03:04 PM
TaraT
TaraT  
VIP Member

I too had gastric bypass.. Back in 2000 immediately afterwards had all sorts of stomach problems with nothing showing up on tests.

My current doc treated me for parasites and the pain has gotten better. I too had endoscopy and galbladder taken out and ct scan on pancreas and several colonoscopies since then.

Do a liver and colon cleanse (erbal) and start with high doses of vit. C about 1500 mg to start and take your milk thistle....I kid you not it started working for me instantly..

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved