MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
03/14/2010 08:22 PM

Does Lyme cause a lower Immune system

philcord

My LLMD said that some of tests that she gave me showed my Immune System to be low.

Also I have sores on my legs and behind and recently was diagnosed with pneumonia. I was tested in Oct. for AIDS. It was negative. Is it common with Lyme Disease for this to happen?

03/15/2010 03:22 AM
Bettyg

VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

phil,

i posted something a little while ago...

are you on milk thistle? if yes, read this.

http://www.mdjunction.com/forums/lyme-disease-support- forums/medicine-treatments/1322281-warning-about-milk- thistle-drug-interactions

otherwise, i have no medical background even for a good guess. Smile

03/15/2010 05:39 AM
cmany
cmany  
Group Leader
I'm an Advocate

Yes Lyme does suppress the immune system...

Remember that it can actually invade B cells - which are the very cells that trigger antibody production - it will either enter these cells and go dormant (nice huh) or they will simply destroy these cells...

As for sores - I used to have quite a few - mine were mostly on my head tho - not fun...

You could also be very deficient when it comes to your nutrients...gotta eat those fresh veggies - canned are really no good - fresh or frozen...also you can get on a whole food supplement which will help with fruit/veggie intake...

This could be ONE solution...

03/20/2010 11:36 PM
philcord

Well I did another AIDS test three days ago and it was negative again. I guess it's just the Lyme Disease.

03/21/2010 10:24 AM
bips
bips  

I wouldn't have a clue but have they ever cultured your sores? I have always been interested in this because basically the last 2 years (and I have had Lyme symptoms about 3-4), my kids have brought home so many colds and flu and I think I caught 1.

My CD-57 said my natural killers were 17, not sure if that is going to really tell us much but you would think I would be catching EVERYTHING.

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved