MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
07/23/2008 04:56 AM

I was asked to post this.....interesting!

jaime1978
jaime1978  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

I was recently digging for more information into tick infestation in Europe. As I know that is when mine started. Especially my shin pain.

I also belong to MilitaryLymegroup. I also notified Stefanie at Turn the Corner. She wants me to get her any info I can find. As she has lots of military who are suffering from Lyme.

My boyfriend was on his laptop this past weekend. He was military for 26yrs and now is an MC4 Govt. employee. So he has certain access.

I had him access AFMIC, which is Armed Forces Military Intelligence Center. It is a site that only Govt. or Military have access to. You can search diseases worlwide.

I had him plug in Lyme, Babesea, Erilichia and Bartonella. Then I had him plug in Ixodes Ricinis. It came up with an "Unclassified" article dated March of 2003. It was an article tittle " Europe ; Asia Tick Born Enchephalitis Increase.

It stated that there was 1% increase in soldier infected with TBE (tick born encephalitis)per month. That was the report according to AFMIC. It could have actually been higher.

Also the military was supposed to be giving soldiers immunizations against the ticks. So they would not contract the TBE. Yet no mention of the Immunization in the article. I will see about scanning it and posting it. VERY interesting.

Ticks were also increasing in numbers since the 90's in Europe. I wonder why the military never informed us of this when we inprocessed over there. Kinda important. Wouldn't you think?

I never know there was ticks in Europe.

------------------------------------------------------------ --------------------

Posts: 94 | From: San Antonio,Tx | Registered: May 2008 | IP: Logged

sparkle7

Frequent Contributor

Member # 10397

posted 22-07-2008 10:16 PM

------------------------------------------------------------ --------------------

Lyme is different than TBE. TBE is a virus carried by ticks. Lyme is caused by spirochetes which are a bacteria.

Please post the info if you can. I'd be interested in reading about it.

--------------------

- Originally diagnosed with Fibromyalgia 1997

- Re-diagnosed with Lyme in 2007

- Tried oral antibiotics for 8 months

- Started the limited Cowden protocol 1-8-08 & full protocol 4-4-08

- Started biophoton therapy with LightWorks 6-30-08

Posts: 1347 | From: Northern New Jersey | Registered: Oct 2006 | IP: Logged

Nora DeBoard

Frequent Contributor

Member # 15600

posted 22-07-2008 10:55 PM

I will have him e-mail it to me and I will see if I can figure out how to post it.

Posts: 94 | From: San Antonio,Tx | Registered: May 2008 | IP: Logged

sparkle7

Frequent Contributor

Member # 10397

posted 23-07-2008 12:21 AM

We'll really be up the creek when ticks are infected with TBE & Lyme...

It seems that they are separate since the ticks with TBE are mostly in Eastern Europe & areas of the former Soviet Union.

The ticks with Bb are mostly in the US & Western Europe.

Once they meet, the ticks will be infected with both TBE (which is a virus) & Bb (which is a bacteria) + the co-infections.

It will be very bad when that happens... I believe it's just a matter of time.

--------------------

- Originally diagnosed with Fibromyalgia 1997

- Re-diagnosed with Lyme in 2007

- Tried oral antibiotics for 8 months

- Started the limited Cowden protocol 1-8-08 & full protocol 4-4-08

- Started biophoton therapy with LightWorks 6-30-08

Posts: 1347 | From: Northern New Jersey | Registered: Oct 2006 | IP: Logged

bettyg

Frequent Contributor

Member # 6147

posted 23-07-2008 01:24 AM

nora, thanks for your discovery.

i'll copy your post here and link and send to ALL on my lyme group list for their info in case they are vets or know of vets this would apply to!!

suggest others do this too to get the word widespread.... thank you!

--------------------

Bettyg's NEWBIE PACKAGE w/TABLE OF CONTENTS! http://tinyurl.com/58eyou

NOT CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE! Info provided should not be used replacing your personal MD's advice. Site links are provided for EASY RESEARCH.

Posts: 17540 | From: Iowa, USA | Registered: Aug 2004 | IP: Logged

jaime, would you post this on your board? thx my friend!

betty

07/23/2008 05:16 AM
ConnieD
ConnieD  

That is some scary stuff. Thanks for sharing, I think.

07/23/2008 06:37 AM
tomro62
tomro62  

Tick-borne illnesses were first suspected in Germany in the late 1800's, so these diseases in Europe certainly pre-date those in the US. But remember, no one knows how long it has existed anywhere. However....

In Europe, there is Lyme and co-infections, but TBE is a much more widespread problem.

I had seen a map a while ago about Lyme in Europe, and noticed the scary concentration of TBE. You can pretty much count on the mainland of Europe to be an "at risk" are for contracting Lyme or TBE.

But, as it is in the US, you have to protect yourself when you go out and you are at no more risk than anywhere else in the world...except Antarctica, where I'm pretty sure you are safe from ticks.

Oh, I found the map. Let's see if this link works.

Tom

http://www.masta.org/tickalert/map.html

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved