MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
07/11/2008 05:17 AM

Nausea with humidity?

lmcclure4477
lmcclure4477  

I have not been diagnosed with Lyme, I am still waiting for my Western Blot to come back, but I was wondering if anyone had really bad nausea? It feels as though the humidity makes this worse along with the feeling as though I am out of it. I am not sure if this is related to my fibromyalgia or if it could be lyme. Just curious if others experienced these symptoms.

07/11/2008 05:40 AM
chickiechick
chickiechickPosts: 44

Hi! Not sure if it is the Lyme for me but when it does get hot I feel more crappy than usual and yes i do get nausous a lot. But i do have acid reflux and a hiatal hernia. so sometimes for me it is difficult to tell what is from what. Keep us posted on your results. Best of luck to you!!

Teri

07/11/2008 06:43 AM
Clayton72
Clayton72  

I have not had any bouts with nausea but I know there are plenty of Lymies that do.

Chickiechick - have you tried baking soda and apple cider vinegar for the reflux? My mom had my dad try it (nothing was working for him) and it really knocked it out.

You can look up reflux or heartburn on Earthclinic.com and it'll tell you what to do. (all natural remedies).

Many of us believe that fibromyalgia is undiagnosed Lyme. Lmcclure4477, where are you having your Lyme test done?

07/11/2008 10:24 AM
DaisyDenHaag

I get nausea symptoms when out in the car which I never had before Lyme Disease. Also after eating breakfast, lunch and supper I feel sick and often get the chills and either I go and have a shower to try and warm up or I go to bed and wait for this feeling of sickness and coldness to pass. I also have fybromyalgia.

07/11/2008 10:35 AM
lmcclure4477
lmcclure4477  

I am having my western blot done through Quest Diagnostics. I had bloodwork done over three weeks ago and they forgot to run the western blot, so now I have to get it again and wait. I am so frustrated! I know the test may come back negative, so I may go to a rhemetologist down in Philly who specializes in Lyme and Fibromyalgia. Clayton, were you diagnosed with fibro?

I get really bad nausea when I ride in the car and I never used to have this. Could this be from Lyme or Fibro?

07/11/2008 01:30 PM
Mizuiro
Mizuiro  

I've noticed my whole body is off in the past few years. I'm become so sensitive to everything: smells, foods, light, sounds, movement, temperature changing and weather changes. I have acid reflux but never felt it had anything to do with any of these things. I also haven't heard or read anything with fibro causing the nausea but I know pain can cause some strange things. I'd have to know a little more.

~for the Acid reflux the best I found was diet. I had to work on it a lot to figure out what foods are good and bad but one thing that helps a lot is eating smaller meals and eating something every couple hours. I've noticed it's much much worse on an empty stomach and a full stomach can cause more to come up. Also stayed away from pop but sometimes mix clear sodas in with juice.

Post edited by: Mizuiro, at: 07/11/2008 13:31

09/07/2009 02:16 PM
grindstone

Humidity seems to make me more nausucious (spelling?) then normal. I say it is like when I was pregnant. The think that helped me was diet no white sugar or flour, even now staying away from wheat. I have also started hot tea with fresh ginger grated into it. The normal anti nausuea did not help.

09/07/2009 05:58 PM
toothfairy55
toothfairy55  

Also consider that some of your co-infections have the symptom of nausea

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved