MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
02/01/2010 08:15 AM

Enlarged spleen?

jnsuss
jnsuss  

Have any of you ever had an enlarged spleen due to your lyme? I think I might have it, based on blood test findings of anemia and a low RBC count, as well as pain on the left side under my ribs. I'm currently on a picc line of rocephin every day, but I don't know if that is enough to make it better.

02/01/2010 08:19 AM
kristielyme25
kristielyme25  

An enlarged spleen is indicative of any type of severe illness. Since your spleen plays a large part in your immune system, if your immune system is busy or overwhelmed, then your spleen will be enlarged....Dr. Oz just talked about enlarged spleens...

My LLMD says that enlarged spleens and livers are a common sign of chronic infection with lyme. Hope this answers your question!

02/01/2010 01:26 PM
rocheleau

I too had/have an enlarged spleen due to lyme. Even with all my symptoms and enlarged spleen, the dr. didn't believe there was anything wrong with me. His conclusion was that maybe I always had an enlarged spleen. ARGH!!! It has been about 6 years and don't know if it is still enlarged.

02/01/2010 02:24 PM
TaraT
TaraT  
VIP Member

Please keep in mind (only because this is SO new and fresh for me) that there is a possibility DUE TO THE LYME that we are unable to keep our parasites in check. These invade our organs and suck our blood etc....

I am currently trying my best with naturals to rid myself of these blood sucking life stealing worms and flukes that I know for a fact have been living in my liver and small intestine...

lymenet.org read about vit C and salt and the pictures there...I have found this all to be TRUE in my own experience!

The swelling/pressure and pain in my liver is leaving slowly.

02/01/2010 02:25 PM
Julie4848

I have had one off and on for many years, and I just got lyme two years ago...It can be caused by some many factors. You need to see a GI doctor, he can run tests to find out why....

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved