MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
01/29/2010 09:22 AM

Lyme and hair loss???

Jennkat03
Jennkat03  

Has anyone experienced this? My hair is falling out like mad! I don't think it's any of my meds because I am trying new ones and have only been taking them a day and a half!!

Any ideas???Blink

01/29/2010 09:56 AM
toothfairy55
toothfairy55  

Its a common thing for us to lose lots of hair. Thankfully I have lots so its more of an annoyance to keep picking it off my clothes.

A hairdresser told us that everyone can lose as much as 1000 hairs

01/29/2010 10:04 AM
smoxito
smoxitoPosts: 512

Make sure your thyroid has been checked Smile Psoriasis, eczema, & dandruff can cause this too -- all these can be tied to Lyme. Or it could be another mysterious symptom Blink

01/29/2010 10:38 AM
TaraT
TaraT  
VIP Member

I started losing hair when I was 18 and it goes in cycles. I do have psoriasis but seems it came on much later. Lyme and parasites cycle as well and I am convinced it is tied to the toxic die off of the critters.

I'm doing lots of vitamins now and added a lot of vit. C and have noticed that my hair has gotten VERY dry and is falling out like mad right now...MORESO than ever before...But I am killing a BUNCH of "STUFF" too with the Vit. C.

I definitely see a correlation. Even if it is proven to be tied to hormones, the critters effect the hormones, and it ALL cycles..INCLUDING US!

01/29/2010 11:28 AM
Jennkat03
Jennkat03  

Huh. My thyroid seems to be fine, it was just checked a few months back. I guess I will just live with it and hope I don't go bald....

01/30/2010 01:23 AM
Bettyg

VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

do you have diabetes and have you been checked for that?

i've really become THIN ON TOP in front for a woman due to my undiagnosed lyme of 35 yrs., THYROID for 20-25 yrs, and now 6 yrs. w/diabetes.

all cause hair loss... good luck Smile

01/30/2010 05:04 AM
kristielyme25
kristielyme25  

I have the same thing, but my thyroid is fine, and I don't have psoriasis or eczema...this has been happening for as long as I can remember...

it is a wonder I still have any hair at all! But I have a healthy amount despite it falling out any time I touch it, shower, etc...

it MUST be the lyme, but I hear this can improve with meds, along with the other symptoms of lyme!

Good luck!

01/30/2010 07:46 AM
TaraT
TaraT  
VIP Member

I'm convinced that the die off toxins that are let loose when we kill these things or even from their natural die off in life cycle that it shows in our hair.

My hair is SO dry looking and falling out since I started the Vit. C and I have killed a LOT of "things"... RECENTLY and my hair looks TERRIBLE right now! My face is broken out really bad and I'm itching all over..

I'm tore up from the floor up right now....It really does make sense to me that this is from die off. MHO

01/30/2010 08:44 AM
Jennkat03
Jennkat03  

Betty- to answer you no I am not diabetic and I have been checked...

I think it really is due to the lyme. Anytime I get super sick with it my hair falls out. And I don't mean a few hairs! We're talking so much hair in the shower that it won't drain!!!

I think I may get some Nioxin, I used it after having my daughter when my hair got thin and it really seemed to help....

01/30/2010 09:06 AM
kristielyme25
kristielyme25  

Jenn, did the Nioxin work well for you? I have to clean out the shower drain every time I shower bc I won't drain! Maybe it's time to try something...

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved